12 Days of Logos - Christmas Special - Which resources would you like to see most

Page 4 of 5 (91 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 90 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 7:44 AM

The ICC Romans Commentary would be most welcome!

Posts 88
Steve Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 8:13 AM

Please Please PLEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ  with sugar on top. 

i'll take just about any commentary on Romans.  I've made it a practice to read through it (the Epistle, not the commentaries)each month since the early 90's and my dissertation will be on Rom 1:16-17 and JBFA. Big Smile

nancy

P.S.  my b'day is 12/31 so you can also put it up on sale after Christmas. Cake

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 9:15 AM

I'd be happy to see a kind of a merged and discounted collection of everything from Martyn Lloyd-Jones (next year is 20 years since 1981), especially now that his final volumes on Acts are out.  I have them through Pre-pub, but I haven't purchased "Ephesians" and "Selected Works" yet.

Thanks.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 9:47 AM

Timothy Ha:
next year is 20 years since 1981

Timothy, you missed a decade! Ick!

That anniversary happened 9 years ago. Anyway it might make a fitting 30th anniversary package.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9168
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 6:29 PM

Alright, here's what I would like -- I'm day dreaming here, so bare with me...hehehe:

1.  College Press NIV 4 volume upgrade for $40 bucks...that way I can complete the OT set.  I already own the NT set.

2.  Lenski for $100 or $150.

3.  John G. Butler's all volumes for $100.

4.  Inductive Bible Study with Logos Bible Software for $10.

5.  Handbook for Bible Study by Osborne and Woodward for $7.

6.  The Bible Speaks Today New Testament (22Vols.) for $40....AND...

7.  Zondervan Illustrated Bible Background Commentary OT & NT both for $100 or $125.  That would be awesome!!!

And as a bonus Lange's commentary all 63 volumes for $100 bucks!

Posts 672
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 6:33 PM

I think Logos should have a free for all. For 10 minutes during the 12 Days of Logos the Logos store should allow you to buy anything you want for free. You wouldn't know when the 10 minutes would begin so you would have to be on your toes.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 6:39 PM

Jeremy:

I think Logos should have a free for all. For 10 minutes during the 12 Days of Logos the Logos store should allow you to buy anything you want for free. You wouldn't know when the 10 minutes would begin so you would have to be on your toes.

Now this is almost obscene. Do you know how much I could buy in 10 minutes? I am one of those obsessed souls who refreshes the screen while I am refreshing the screen. I could probably get $5K a minute.  And if Logos doubts that, I'd like to prove I can.

On second thought: It would only bring the servers to a huge crashing halt. When Am@zon,com introduced the Wii for $99 the screen refreshes crashed their servers.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 6:42 PM

Jeremy:

Merry Christmas!

Wow, that is Christmas dreaming! Visions of sugarplums? Nonsense, a Logos free-for-all. Surprise

I think we can safely put this one under 'ideas that won't see the light of day.' Wink

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 672
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2010 6:56 PM

Well you can't say I didn't try Smile

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 5:55 AM

I don't think anyone would deny that Jeremy has a great wish list, some people know how to really dream big!

I have both Lenski and Lange in different formats, I think it is about time Logos lowers the price on these sets, at least one of them is a public domain set that would be very helpful to most people.  At the current prices these set cost more that copyrighted sets like Tyndale and Expositor's.

Let's see them come down in price and stay down.

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 12:04 PM

Well since we are dreaming...how about a Logos credit on new resources that is equal to 10% or 15% of our previous 12 months of purchases directly from Logos??? Those who spent big would have bigger credits. Put a time limit on the use of the credit. I know I already have a large wishlist that wouldn't be difficult to pick from. Or give us the credit to use for up to 75% off the purchase price of resources (meaning here that if we decided on some  resources, we would still have to cover at least 25% or more of the sale price and use our credit toward the remaining 75%). This might even be something Logos could do without going broke, but it might make their sales department and phone lines get swamped!

Now that would be a very merry Christmas for me!Big Smile 

I will appreciate whatever Logos decides to do...they have really given us some great resources at prices that I have appreciated...especially through PrePubs!

Thank you Logos!

Posts 1
Dot | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 21 2010 10:05 PM

Ariel Ministries Messianic Collection would be a wonderful addition to Logos.

Posts 59
Adam Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 21 2010 10:37 PM

I would love to see more on spiritual warfare by authors such as Neil Anderson and Timothy Wanrer as well as Eddie and Alice Smith.

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 4:17 AM

Jeremy:

Well, the first thing I'd do would be to upgrade to Portfolio followed by quick purchases of NICOT/NICNT, ICC, Hermeneia, Anchor Yale, Barth's Dogmatics, Calvin 500, and the Göttingen Septuagint.   

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 6:44 PM

Joshua, you might as well take a few second's to add the 2 Zondervan packages!

In Christ,

Jim VanSchoonhoven

Posts 2953
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 23 2010 8:53 AM

ICC commentary on Romans (A Critical and Exegetical Commentary on the Epistle to the Romans) volume 1 & 2 by Cranfield

Luther's Works cd

Socio-Rhetorical Commentary Bundlle

Martyn Lloyd Jones- Exposition of Ephesians (8 volumes)  

New International Biblical Commentary: New Testament

Eerdmans Wesleyan Bible Commentary (7 volumes)

Anything by John Oswalt

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2953
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 23 2010 8:59 AM

Matthew C Jones:
Do you know how much I could buy in 10 minutes?

Not much the way the circuits would be over loaded.  The whole system would crash.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 23 2010 3:11 PM

Jim VanSchoonhoven:

Joshua, you might as well take a few second's to add the 2 Zondervan packages!

In Christ,

Jim VanSchoonhoven

There should be an "every resource Logo's offers" bundle. This would make my shopping spree much easier.

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 23 2010 4:42 PM

Now if they do this, I am going to go with the need of an everything they have button, what a great idea, I will would even have time left from my ten minutes to start downloading it all!

I have got to learn to think bigger!!!  My son does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj0BTyt-Lfs and you do!!!

In Christ,

Jim VanSchoonhoven

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 24 2010 12:10 AM

Jim VanSchoonhoven:

Now if they do this, I am going to go with the need of an everything they have button, what a great idea, I will would even have time left from my ten minutes to start downloading it all!

I have got to learn to think bigger!!!  My son does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj0BTyt-Lfs and you do!!!

In Christ,

Jim VanSchoonhoven

Is that really your son?

Page 4 of 5 (91 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS