Page 3 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 85 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 38
Beth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2011 9:48 AM

Yes, I had this same problem.  All of my downloaded books and Bibles were not restored after I installed ios5. I opened the Logos app twice to see if it was just a glitch; it was not.  So, I downloaded all of them again.  I was surprised, to say the least, that this was necessary.  So far, they are still there!

Posts 28236
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2011 10:04 AM

Beth - In case you didn't read it, HERE is an official response from Logos.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 210
Gerald P. Swetsky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 23 2011 8:46 PM

I also upgraded to iOS 5.0 and didn't bother to check out Logos on my iPod.

Today's church service was a disaster.  I don't care whose fault this is, hereafter I am forsaking my light iPod for my dependable NAS Bible.  This isn't the first time my Logos app has let me down!  Enough is enough!!

Gerry

Posts 273
Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 23 2011 9:30 PM

Gerry, since this has been a known fact for several days now, you do don't have to look very far for whose fault this one is!  Sometimes our own errors hurt more then those of others!  Sorry that you got caught, not reading the forum.

Posts 103
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 23 2011 9:35 PM

A Solution

1) Tag all downloaded books and backup/sync tagged book list to Logos User Account. Allow this to be carried out on both the iOS device and Desktop app for convenience. (I.e. bulk tagging etc. not so easy on an iOS device as compared to the Desktop app)

2) Store books in Cache, Apple says so... (I.e. no choice but to comply here)

3) Build into Logos for iOS an Auto sync option much like already exists on Windows and OS X and already partially exists in iOS to resynce books if the cache is cleared and or if downloaded books have been updated.

4) If option 3) is not possible then simply build the same into the Logos iOS app so the app itself performs this operation either (user selectable) auto-magically on startup or manually via an alert on the opening page as is already carried out for updates available for downloaded books.

This then means in either case 3) or 4) above a user can set and forget while the Logos iOS app applies updates and or resyncs books. It might be nice to add a user alert notification via email or the new status messaging features in iOS to notify the user when the update / resync has completed.

Given the constraints imposed by Apple is there any other workable solution?

NOTE:-

Option 3) if possible, would be a more transparent user experience and could even be implemented to operate like the Desktop app at designated times during the day and or when the device is connected to power etc. etc. to minimise user impact.

Option 4) could function in much the same way as Logos for iOS now functions with alerts for book updates.

Posts 103
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 23 2011 10:01 PM

And as for my feelings on the matter...

I like many others have been "caught" again and now need to start from scratch AGAIN! This is a major waste of time.

I feel implementing the suggestion in my last post will help us all feel a lot better!

Posts 1361
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 3:02 AM

Yes I agree!

I would say whatever the Kindle app on iOS does to preserve all their downloaded books, the Logos app should do the same.

Peter

Posts 1361
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 3:02 AM

Yes I agree!

I would say whatever the Kindle app on iOS does to preserve all their downloaded books, the Logos app should do the same.

Peter

Posts 10
Franz Lippi | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 10:56 AM

I think it would help if Logos would add a "Download all books" or "download * book" function in the MORE section.

With my 2000* books library this "effect" is a real pain....

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 11:31 AM

The real annoyance here is (1) the inability to batch download, and (2) the multi-step process that is required to download even one book. There has got to be an easier way to do that. Logos should get on that ASAP.

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 10
Franz Lippi | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 24 2011 10:53 PM

GREAT. The (re)downloading function with widcards is overdue anyway (my perspective) esp if you own a large library......

Posts 10
Franz Lippi | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 10:34 AM

ABSOLUTELY!

selected / * wildcard downloading is an essential for those of us who bought larger libraries...

Blessings from Austria

Franz Lippi

Posts 4
Chester Estes Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2011 12:25 PM

... S. Mack, Jebezman here. I am a Logos4 (Platinum)  user and I have iPhone4. My iPh4 did the same as everyone else in these post. I did not know what was going on until almost three hours later - thanks to 'Jobs' and Apple! A good bit of my iPh4's photos 'have been' re-arranged; I'm find most(?) of them in my Dell Studio 1749 lap; it looks like a long, long, long 2011 winter (HaHa). Reading your post [10/23-11, 9.35pm] I am at lost to know what, how, etc. of your item "#2" and would appreciate a little more instruct. I do not understand the "Cache, Apple says...." Is there a way to find so via Apple and/or Logos. Post here, please, and I'll get back and take a look/see.

PS Anyone else reading this having info I would appreciate info....

Jabezman@aol 'dot' com

AFA/AFR Volunteer Engineer L-1, WSQH 91.7fm MS

Posts 61
Tony Garland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:21 PM

I was also surprised, not too long ago, to find out I was unable to save a bookmark (favorite) because I happened to be offline.  Not sure if that is still the case -- but suspect so based on the lengthy delay I see between adding a bookmark and seeing it show up in the bookmark list when I happen to be connected.

It would be most helpful to be able to set and use bookmarks when offline if this hasn't been addressed already.

Posts 8
Benny Ng | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 9:22 AM

That's it! Today is the last straw! I stayed up late to re-download about 150 books last night. I re-downloaded those books few times already in the past 2 weeks. However, due to the need to update a large app, and I forgot to check the amount of space left on my iPad before launching the update, iOS automatically removed ALL 150 books that I downloaded last night from Logos!

Until either Logos or Apple fix this mess, I'll stick to Logos on my PC. :(

Posts 13
Bob Carnahan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 1:41 PM

Interesting posts. Does anyone know if this happens on purchased packages for the desktop if you upgrade your OS? 

Blessings,

-Bob

Posts 13
Bob Carnahan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 2:05 PM

Aloha Dave! Thanks for your answer on this. Its greatly appreciated. It's a blessing to have this free app. This forum has been a great wealth of information. Being a software engineer over the past several years (I'm in IT management now), does your testing team look at testing these scenarios/cases of upgrading to newer OS releases etc?

Blessings,

-Bob

Posts 28236
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 4:18 PM

Bobby Carnahan:
Does anyone know if this happens on purchased packages for the desktop if you upgrade your OS?

Bob - are you asking if you lose your resources if you upgrade your desktop OS? The answer is no. The reason this happens on the mobile platform is the way that Logos works with iOS for storage. According to Logos, iOS 5 presented a change which was unforeseen that caused the loss of data. I don't know if Logos will change the way they store the data for the next major mobile release or not.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 4:34 PM

alabama24:

Bobby Carnahan:
Does anyone know if this happens on purchased packages for the desktop if you upgrade your OS?

Bob - are you asking if you lose your resources if you upgrade your desktop OS? The answer is no. The reason this happens on the mobile platform is the way that Logos works with iOS for storage. According to Logos, iOS 5 presented a change which was unforeseen that caused the loss of data. I don't know if Logos will change the way they store the data for the next major mobile release or not.

I'm currious, did Apple change this at the last minute? Why didn't this issue show up during beta testing? If it was going to happen, a note of caution in the release notes would have helped some of those posting. Those who needed Logos for the weekend could have decided to wait to update. Not complaining, just curious. 

Blessings All!

Posts 28236
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2011 4:44 PM

Philana - I have no idea. Personally, I understand that some users (especially those in developing nations) do not have access to reliable internet. It should be noted that the apps are really designed to be used with the cloud. I think that Logos is probably getting the picture that there are some users who strongly desire/need to download resources. Hopefully they will be able to adjust their thinking in a future release. 

As far as beta testing goes, I don't think that Logos had a large number of beta testers (testing the Logos app on iOS 5 before its launch). This may have very well caught Logos off guard.

Page 3 of 5 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS