Christmas 2011 Promotion

Page 1 of 7 (126 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 125 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 37
Josh Burdick | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 17 2011 1:39 PM

We're putting together this year's Christmas promotions and we'd like your input! Any ideas you'd like us to consider? Sorry, no discounts on Anchor Yale or NICOT. Wink

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 1:49 PM

josh.burdick:
We're putting together this year's Christmas promotions and we'd like your input!

Josh. Where is your little blue Logos logo?    

Idea

/                \      

that is so funny to me...".Logos logos"

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 30664
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 1:56 PM

I know it is not a "large ticket item," but since I already own it, I have been reluctant to buy "Seven Practices of Effective Ministry" in Logos format. [As an aside, I am hoping for more Multnomah books in Logos/Vyrso]

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 1:58 PM

josh.burdick:
Sorry, no discounts on Anchor Yale or NICOT. Wink

How about NICNT? Big Smile

Posts 1855
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 2:19 PM

josh.burdick:
Any ideas you'd like us to consider?

There is a recent thread where some expressed that it would be nice for new users to be able to buy old community pricing resources for the origioanal community pricing price instead of its now full price. This would be a good chance for them to do so. I know I cancelled Barne's at the last moment because I have it in another program and would like a second chance to have it at the original price in CP.

Just a thought.

Posts 12573
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 2:28 PM

josh.burdick:

We're putting together this year's Christmas promotions 

Ahhh - when I look at your profile page, I begin to understand the title of this thread "Christmas 2012 Promotion" and your posting text "this year" :

Smile

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 2:28 PM

I would like to see a combination of 3 bundles...Hebrew Bible Bundle, Early Judaism Bundle and Ancient Near East Bundle...all combined into one offering and further reduced...say $1800 for the lot!!!

Posts 1601
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 2:31 PM

NIDOTTE. Or individual Hermeneia volumes, like Jeremiah. Revised Joüon and T. Muraoka Hebrew Grammar.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 12573
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 2:33 PM

Rick:

josh.burdick:
Any ideas you'd like us to consider?

There is a recent thread where some expressed that it would be nice for new users to be able to buy old community pricing resources for the origioanal community pricing price instead of its now full price. This would be a good chance for them to do so.

Yes 

and the idea was from Jim vanSchoonhoven here: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/40964/305466.aspx#305466

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 2:34 PM

Christmas 2012 is so far away... when will the Christmas 2011 sale be announced? Stick out tongue

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 37
Josh Burdick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 2:42 PM

I got a head of myself there, we are talking 2011!

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 2:57 PM

Paul Clarke:

How about NICNT? Big Smile

Yes

The Bible Speaks Today

HALOT

Liddell & Scott Lexicon

Tyndale Commentaries

Tom Wirght's "For Everyone" series (on its own, I've got nearly all of the rest of the collection already).

Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentaries

IVP Biblical Theology Collection

Zondervan Hermeneutics Collection

Goldingay's 3-volume Old Testament Theology (available as individual volumes, but would be good to have as a collection on sale)

These are the resources I would buy if I could afford them, and if they were cheap enough!

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 3:27 PM

Another Master Collection for 2011 Big Smile  I would REALLY like to see this again (with different resources -- maybe include the missing volumes from sets that were included last year)

Barth's Church Dogmatics for the prepub price of $300.Big SmileBig SmileGift

Bavinck Reformed Dogmatics (4 vols.)  for $109.95 or less

Exposition of Ephesians (8 vols.) by Martin Lloyd-Jones  for $109.95 or less

IVP Biblical Theology Collection (4 vols.)

WallBuilders American Foundations Digital Library

Hermeneia and Continental Commentaries (63 vols.)  at that great price you did before!

Posts 36090
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 3:31 PM

I'd like:

• volumes added to commentary sets after initial release (i.e. various upgrade options) on significant sale
  • a number of the methodological books on sale
  • updated Biblical People, Places, Things to cover broader canon
  • updated Logos Controlled Vocabulary to included broader canon, Catholic, Orthodox and Jewish terms
  • corrected metadata including series entries for 2 volume sets
  • a chart showing the books covered by the various commentary sets
  • the 2nd volume of Christian Apologetics available on Vyrso ...
  • (my two front teeth? - well at least for the children for whom it is appropriate)
  • a healing of the schism between the Catholics and the Orthodox (I'll ask for Lutherans next year, Anglicans the year after ...)
  • peace on earth and an end to hunger ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 27
Chris Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 3:49 PM

Hermeneia, please!

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 4:13 PM

GregW:

The Bible Speaks Today

HALOT

Liddell & Scott Lexicon

(An excellent list!)  I noticed my Black Friday payment plan from last year is now paid off ;-)  It seems I remember The Bible Speaks Today being offered at $60 sometime in the last 12 months, that would be an excellent price. Halot and Liddell & Scott are only part of the Portfolio package and are an excellent upgrade to lower packages.  Liddell & Scott would be timely now that we have Perseus. 

(edit: does anyone remember in recent history a discount being offered on Halot or Liddell & Scott? Not counting a BDAG & HALOT bundled sale. It has been mentioned that the publisher restricts sale prices on HALOT.)

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 5:21 PM

Jerry M:
does anyone remember in recent history a discount being offered on Halot or Liddell & Scott? Not counting a BDAG & HALOT bundled sale.

Not remember a HALOT sale, but do remember a one day special last month => Logos on Twitter 

$ 974.95 => Hebrew Bible Bundle (54 vols.) (not a download, so add some shipping for CD's)

- - - - - - -  Twitter sale was 50 % off $ 974.95 (bit less than buying HALOT and JPS Tanakh individually)

$ 769.95 => International Critical Commentaries: Old Testament (23 vols.)

$ 379.95 => JPS Tanakh Commentary Collection (JPSTC) (9 vols.)

$ 229.99 => Forms of the Old Testament Literature Series (FOTL) (17 vols.)

$ 159.95 => Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament (HALOT) (5 vols.)

Hebrew Bible Bundle nominally has 37 % discount compared to individual purchase; Twitter special offered 68 % discount.

Also noticed $ 259.95 Advanced Hebrew Supplement (11 vols.) includes HALOT

Wonder about a special Greek and Hebrew bundle that combine Advanced Hebrew Supplement (11 vols.) and Advanced Greek Supplement (6 vols.) resources with LSJ while removing BDAG and HALOT.

Likewise wonder about a Perseus Supplemental collection with Grammars and Lexicons (e.g. LSJ) for Greek and Latin ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10890
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 5:29 PM

Norman Geisler Collection

HALOT 

Christian History & Biography Magazine

NIV Application Commentary

Expositions of Holy Scripture (MscLaren)

Zondervan World Religions & Cults

Bible Speaks Today

Tyndale Commentaries

Posts 30664
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2011 5:31 PM

Systematic Theology - Norman Geisler

http://www.logos.com/product/3598/systematic-theology

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 7 (126 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS