Stuck “offline” after 5.0b SR4 update ………

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9070
LogosEmployee

Milford Charles Murray:

However, it will NOT allow me to connect to internet  ...            when I "hit" sign-in .....

The logs will tell us why it can't connect.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 11:37 AM

I was "unable" to connect ....                  so ..............         I'm sending my logs again .......     *smile*

2313.Logos (2).zip

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 11:39 AM

will be back again in about two hours      ..................          *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 29367
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 11:42 AM

Milford - If you get a chance, you might want to see if you have this file too:

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
if there is a LogosError.log file, that would be very helpful to see, too.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 1:25 PM

Here she comes  !!!         *smile*

5518.LogosError.log

edit:   oppsss!   *smile*       My apologies!     Just now I considered "zipping" the file ....                Do you need it "zipped" or is this perhaps somewhat acceptable (what I sent!)   ..........

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 2:21 PM

be back in about an hour  *smile*

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 3:36 PM

am back!                *smile*                     Anybody have any ideas, please!  I do not want to stay "offline"!

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 3:59 PM

Milford, Shot in the dark here: Any chance that the internet is somehow turned off in settings?

Tools >Settings> use internet

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 4:06 PM

TCBlack:

Milford, Shot in the dark here: Any chance that the internet is somehow turned off in settings?

Tools >Settings> use internet

Thank you, Thomas!             I appreciate your attempt!          *smile*            However ....       that's not it ...    *smile*

Posts 9070
LogosEmployee

The error in your log is:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 216.57.195.46:443

This is preventing Logos 5 from signing in.

Unfortunately, this isn't an error I've ever seen before. Based on my research, it seems most likely to be caused by a personal firewall or a web proxy.

Do you have a firewall/AV program running? If you disable it, are you able to sign into Logos 5?

Are you on a network that uses a proxy to access the Internet? If so, check your proxy settings in the Logos 5 Sign In dialog, and talk to your network administrator about whether there have been recent configuration changes that would block access to logos.com.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 4:18 PM

Hi Bradley!              *smile*         I'm just a simple retired old pastor and do NOT do any super high-tech stuff...

The only firewall I have is Norton 360  ...                    I'm not on a network         ..............            I wouldn't have a clue HOW to use a proxy...

*smile*     

I WILL try to turn off Norton 360, and start Logos 5 that way ...     

will tell you what happened soonest  .....

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 4:28 PM

Peace, Bradley!           My mind is blown!      *smile*

1. After my last post, I opened Norton 360 -- there was a big warning that my firewall had been turned off ....   click here to fix it ....

2.  So ....      I clicked to turn on firewall ...........           This has never, ever happened before ....    Very weird and strange, eh???

My firewall WAS disabled!!!                 I re-enabled it; and now success!

3.             So ...                 Decided to try Logos 5 before I fooled around with Norton 360 ....

4.  Logos 5 started perfectly                ---              online!                 Yes!!!!        spent a little time synchronising ....          

Am now back to normal.

5. Thanks Bradley for your part in getting me going again!                Am very pleased....

I guess you might not be able to tell me -- or not!  -- if I did something "unwise" to get into this situation in the first place  ... ..      ?????

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 4:43 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
I guess you might not be able to tell me -- or not!  -- if I did something "unwise" to get into this situation in the first place  ... ..      ?????
Given the nature of the issue, I'm fairly certain that staring Logos offline was a mere "coincidence" to the Norton 360 problem. 

From time to time I've seen different security suites throw odd errors. I wouldn't be overly concerned unless it happens again. 

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 4:48 PM

Thanks, Thomas!               Certainly there are a few imponderables floating around here....        Is there a connection -- at all between my problem and my Norton 360   ???                        If this ever comes up again for someone else, at least we'll have a few ideas ...

Am so happy to have my fully-functioning Logos 5 back, that I'm not unduly concerned...

I am grateful to Bradley -- and to you -- and to Justin for your helps and your attempts at helps!                Psalms 29:11

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 4:51 PM

BTW ....            I just remembered .........         I enabled "logging"                     ............              I guess logging is still enabled ...........               Does that matter    ???

Can I just leave it alone ...........  ??          OR???       should I figure out how to disable logging and then do it??          *smile*

Posts 9070
LogosEmployee

Milford Charles Murray:

1. After my last post, I opened Norton 360 -- there was a big warning that my firewall had been turned off ....   click here to fix it ....

2.  So ....      I clicked to turn on firewall ...........           This has never, ever happened before ....    Very weird and strange, eh???

It seems very strange for a firewall to just "turn itself off". I'm not trying to be alarmist, but it would probably be worthwhile to make sure your virus definitions are up-to-date, that your virus scanner also hasn't been turned off, then run a full system scan to make sure no malicious software is running in the background.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 5:42 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

BTW ....            I just remembered .........         I enabled "logging"                     ............              I guess logging is still enabled ...........               Does that matter    ???

Can I just leave it alone ...........  ??          OR???       should I figure out how to disable logging and then do it??          *smile*

I leave logging running all the time. It causes no discernible slow-down, and the logs are ready if I ever need them.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 6:09 PM

Thank you, Thomas!         *smile*             Will do!  

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 6:10 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

It seems very strange for a firewall to just "turn itself off". I'm not trying to be alarmist, but it would probably be worthwhile to make sure your virus definitions are up-to-date, that your virus scanner also hasn't been turned off, then run a full system scan to make sure no malicious software is running in the background.

Milford Charles Murray:

Thank you, Bradley!           *smile*              Will do!                  Early tomorrow morning!

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 18 2013 5:16 AM

Peace, Bradley!                            I can't even imagine how busy you are in your position at Logos!                  Tremendously so, I'm sure!

So Thank You Very Much Indeed for your personal help yesterday.              It is so very much appreciated.                  A strange case indeed, and I've just completely reviewed and checked out my firewall and antivirus settings.             Basically I'm happy with Norton 360, and I regard yesterday's incident as a "quirk"!

I DO love my Logos Bible Software, Bradley!     *smile*

Milford Charles Murray:

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS