WARNING: Logos May forget to replace (no longer update) Vyrso books!

Page 2 of 4 (77 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 76 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 8:54 PM

Posts 30941
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 10:09 PM

Robert Harner:
did not qualify for dynamic pricing.

are you referring to qualifying on the website or with a sales person? The Vyrso/Logos websites are not fully integrated as far as I can tell.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 30941
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 10:13 PM

Keith Larson:
No but I asked for a report on the 39 vol. Piper set and the 8 Vyrso books I own were all marked as False under "Owned".

I suspect that the report it run off Logos/Verbum data omitting Vyrso unless you specifically ask. However, there are two separate issues:

1. Will vyrso books be automatically updated to the Logos format?
  2. Will vyrso books be included in dynamic pricing - note some publishers are already excluded?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 30941
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 12 2014 10:17 PM

Keith Larson:
indicates a high likelihood they are making similar mistakes with other people's accounts.

Logos make errors? How surprising!!! [insert sarcastic tone]

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 5:12 AM

We have a standing promise to Vyrso customers that, if we convert any Vyrso title to a Logos resource, they will get the new, more extensively tagged edition for free.

To that end, we just completed a huge list of unlocks—resources that had been converted from Vyrso to Logos.

But I have a sneaking suspicion that a book or two may have fallen between the cracks. If you notice that you own a Vyrso book that is now available in Logos, and we neglected to unlock it for you, email customerservice[at]logos[dot]com, and we'll get it taken care of.

Once they've fixed the unlocks, the dynamic pricing ought to take care of itself.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:52 AM

Apologies for the confusion caused by this thread.

I was told by a Logos Sales Representative that changes are in the works with Dynamic Pricing that will affect the types of resources being credited. When I noticed that Vyrso purchases I had been made were not being credited in a Dynamic Pricing quote I assumed that it was because some of the changes were being implemented. This may or may not be a correct assumption on my part.

The one thing of value we can take from all this is we need as customers to realize that as long as a book remains of the Vyrso site it has not been converted (it appears Logos removes it from Vyrso when they do this). Second, if it has not been converted then you will not automatically be receiving Dynamic Pricing credit for that recourse. If a Sales Rep can manually credit that book to you I do not know.

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 11:43 AM

Keith Larson:
[These were] 8 Piper books [found in] the 39 vol. Piper Collection.

I just had a handful of JP books updated in Logos. Perhaps yours were too?

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 11:52 AM

Yes. I was waiting for the other four to be updated before I wrote anything. I am glad that I was not the only one to get the updated books.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:25 PM

MJ. Smith:

Robert Harner:
did not qualify for dynamic pricing.

are you referring to qualifying on the website or with a sales person? The Vyrso/Logos websites are not fully integrated as far as I can tell.

Qualifying on the website

These were fully Logos books (had both the original Vyros and the new Logos edition)

Posts 662
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 18 2014 2:46 AM

Other books that need updated from the J. I. Packer collection:

Affirming the Apostles’ Creed

A Grief Sanctified: Through Sorrow to Eternal Hope

Keeping the Ten Commandments

Posts 30941
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 18 2014 12:21 PM

Better to contact customer service than assume Logos will continue reading this thread.

Posts 23
Jacky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 19 2014 6:00 PM

Stephen Steele:

Other books that need updated from the J. I. Packer collection:

Affirming the Apostles’ Creed

A Grief Sanctified: Through Sorrow to Eternal Hope

Keeping the Ten Commandments

I have the exact same resources, and when I e-mailed Logos CS, here is what they replied:

The difference in the book files based on your point of purchase only comes into play when you use a Vyrso book on the full software.  Vyrso books are ebooks that lack the normal Logos book tagging as ebooks are typically meant for reading and not the intensive research and studying that Logos provides. 

We do apologize that there is no conversion for Logos book files if the books you purchased were from Vyrso.com.

Posts 28902
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 19 2014 6:13 PM

Jacky:
I e-mailed Logos CS, here is what they replied:

I don't know what the context of the email that you wrote to them, but what they wrote back doesn't make any sense at all. Either they didn't understand what you were asking, or they were very poor at trying to explain whatever it was they were trying to explain! 

I do know that there have been some occasions where Logos carried two editions of a book... but it is generally the policy that Logos will only carry ONE edition (either Logos or Vyrso). When it is brought to the attention of management that there are two editions being sold, they normally pull the Vyrso edition ASAP. It is possible that this might be the case with some of these resources: They were in Logos to begin with, Vyrso started selling it, and then it was pulled from Vyrso. Under those circumstances I don't think that you would be entitled to a Logos edition. 

This does speak to the point that there needs to be a much tighter integration between the various stores. In other words, when you search for a book, it should appear irrespective of which "store" where it might be sold.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 662
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 3:20 AM

I emailed CS and got a more positive response! However I still only have Vyrso editions of the books...

"Thank you for contacting Logos Support and for bringing this issue to our attention. You are correct- we try to catch all the titles that had previously been sold on www.vyrso.com and update the customer’s account with the Logos version of that book.

Please double check in your library- you should probably have 2 books by the same titles you provided.

If this is not the case let me know and we can see about getting them unlocked correctly."

Posts 24012
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 3:26 AM

Stephen Steele:
I emailed CS and got a more positive response!

Smile

Stephen Steele:
However I still only have Vyrso editions of the books

Have you gone back to CS to let them know so they can unlock the books?

Posts 662
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 5:51 AM

Yeah have done - I'm sure they'll have it sorted soon.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 22 2014 2:40 PM

Just an update, after working over a week on this with CS, three of my Piper I purchased from
Vyrso are not being properly updated to the Logos version, nor am I getting any credit for them with dynamic pricing.

Posts 28902
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 5:31 AM

Keith Larson:
three of my Piper I purchased from
Vyrso are not being properly updated to the Logos version

Which ones?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 7:51 AM

A Sweet and Bitter Providence

Filling up the Affliction of Christ

John Calvin and His Passion for the Majesty of God

Posts 11362
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 8:38 AM

Keith Larson:

A Sweet and Bitter Providence

Filling up the Affliction of Christ

John Calvin and His Passion for the Majesty of God

Guessing: All these are not (yet?) available as individual resources but only as part of the Piper-Collection, which might be the reason for Logos not to unlock the titles right now.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 2 of 4 (77 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS