BUG: Word Study Crash

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 116
Matt | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:45 PM

Hello,

If I open Logos 4, type into the passage guide box Rm 1:1-15 and click Go, I get the standard layout which includes a Passage Guide pane and an Exegetical Guide pane.  If then navigate within the Exegetical Guide pane to the word δοῦλος, and then click on it to generate a Word Study, Logos 4 crashes.  This has occurred since the initial release of the software.  Is there a workaround available?  I tried a more limited passage guide input, but it still crashed.  I also rebooted my machine just to be sure, and I got the same result.

Thanks,

Matt

Specs:

• Windows 7 x64
  • Quad Xeon 2.83 GHz x2
  • 16GB RAM
  • Nvidia 285 GTX 1GB VRAM
  • Logos 4.1 Platinum, SR-3, indexed
    Posts 19333
    Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:39 AM

There was a known crashing bug in BWS which was fixed in 4.0b Beta 2. See the release notes thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/8964.aspx. However it was still crashing on the lemma δοῦλος (see Bradley's follow-up comment: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/8964/71430.aspx#71430). However I've got 4.0b Beta 7, and I tried this and it doesn't crash for me, so I'm guessing there has been an update of the Lemma List and Grammatical Relationship resources since 4.0b Beta 2. I doubt there is a workaround available within 4.0a SR-3, other than avoiding that particular lemma for now. If you are eager to get this fix and don't mind using the beta version of 4.0b (see caveats here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/8883.aspx), you could upgrade to that.

Posts 1539
    Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 8:13 AM

Rosie Perera:
    I doubt there is a workaround available within 4.0a SR-3, other than avoiding that particular lemma for now.

Actually there is, I think John Fidel found it, but the crash comes from the prepositional area being open on the BWS. You can ether create a custom BWS without the prepositional area or save it with the prepositional area closed.

Posts 116
    Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 8:19 AM

Rosie Perera:
    There was a known crashing bug in BWS which was fixed in 4.0b Beta 2

Great!  I'll assume from what you've said that Logos is aware of the problem and has apparently fixed it.  I'm fine to wait until the actual 4.0b release is ready.

Thanks,

Matt

Specs:

• Windows 7 x64
  • Quad Xeon 2.83 GHz x2
  • 16GB RAM
    Posts 116
    Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 8:20 AM

Terry Poperszky:
    You can ether create a custom BWS without the prepositional area or save it with the prepositional area closed.

Good info, thank you.

Matt

Specs:

• Windows 7 x64
  • Quad Xeon 2.83 GHz x2
  • 16GB RAM
    Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS