Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 38 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 100
Jacmer | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 6 2015 7:04 AM

Good morning...

Is there any way I install Libronix on a PC with Windows 10?

Thaks you, Peach

Posts 22006
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2015 7:51 AM

Hi Peach - and welcome to the forums

Jacmer Peralta Nova:

I seem to remember a recent discussion about this concluding that it would be difficult to do outside of a virtual machine environment - but I can't find it at the moment.

May I ask why you want to install and use Libronix as opposed to Logos 6?

Graham 

Posts 1
Ebenezer Gangmei | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2015 11:20 AM

Jacmer Perelta Nova

Download this file from this given link: http://www.logos.com/media/update/ResourceAutoUpdate.lbxupd

And Run it. It will Download all the necessary files Automatic.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2015 8:29 PM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Peach - and welcome to the forums

Jacmer Peralta Nova:

I seem to remember a recent discussion about this concluding that it would be difficult to do outside of a virtual machine environment

+1 Welcome Big Smile plus doubt if Libronix 3 could be installed in Windows 10.  Technical reason: Libronix 3 used the Internet Explorer 8 display engine.  Windows 10 has new Edge browser replacement for Internet Explorer.  Microsoft's Compatibility Center shows Internet Explorer 8 and 9 are not compatible with Windows 10:

Note: Internet Explorer 9 has a compatibility option to use Internet Explorer's 8 java script rendering that allowed Libronix 3.0g to work.

A virtual machine can run an older version of Windows with Internet Explorer 8 or 9 that all

Ebenezer Gangmei:

Download this file from this given link: http://www.logos.com/media/update/ResourceAutoUpdate.lbxupd

And Run it. It will Download all the necessary files Automatic.

Welcome Big Smile

The Resource Auto Update script needs a working Libronix installation to update.

Support has a Libronix 3 Installation page (with deprecated note) => https://www.logos.com/install3 (been over two years since have updated Libronix 3.0g resources; Logos 6 is more useful)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 12
calvin cho | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 3:56 AM

Now i was installed Libronix on windows 10.

Most of function can use.

Just a little things happened.

windows 10 can't save workspace.

but that is a small thing. you can use most of libronix.

Posts 22006
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 4:00 AM

calvin cho:

Well done

Still interested in why you are not choosing to use Logos 6 instead?

Posts 2416
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 15 2015 4:23 AM

Graham Criddle:

Still interested in why you are not choosing to use Logos 6 instead?

Where can we find the updated list of Libronix functions that are still not yet in Logos 6??

[[Logos 6 does have a steep learning curve BUT remember that this forum is listed under SUPPORT]]

Posts 16
David R Saunders | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2015 12:27 PM

I haven't tried Window 10 yet, but I recently installed Libronix 3.0g on a new Windows 8.1 system with IE 11 and it  works fine except for one or two issues which I think started with Windows 7.

I've been using the newer Logos  since it came out, but I still find the old Libronix MDI interface easier, faster and more flexible for certain things,  like comparing several Bible versions and commentaries.  I often have both Logos and Libronix  running and flip between them.

My latest PC is pretty much state of the art, but Logos is still sometimes a little sluggish, especially after it's been running for a while. My previous PC was quite a respectable quad core, but I found Logos very slow and unresponsive on it in comparison to all the other software I used.

Posts 25045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 4:13 AM

David Ames:
Where can we find the updated list of Libronix functions that are still not yet in Logos 6??

https://wiki.logos.com/Missing_Features  (still current)

also see https://wiki.logos.com/LDLS3_Features_in_Logos_4 (mapping of menus is not complete but Logos 4/5/6 has Favorites

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 16
David R Saunders | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 29 2015 3:52 AM

Further to my post above, I have now upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and as far as I can see, Libronix 3.0g works much the same. As I said, there are minor problems which came in with Windows 7 or IE 9. The only problem I've really noticed is searching via the menu, but you can work around this by selecting a word in the text and then right-clicking to search. There maybe other issues, but the basic library management, the opening and reading of books, Englisman's concordance etc., all work fine and that is what I mainly use it for.

Of course, newer resources are not available in Libronix. Maybe now that I have a new and very fast PC, I will use Logos more and Libronix less, but I'm still keeping a virtual machine version of Libronix as well, just in case some future update of Windows breaks it completely!

Posts 6
Alexander Hrncir | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 8:51 AM

well I use windows 10 on 2 different machines and I have on laptop and on PC the same problem: Pressing the save button to save a split screen dont works (dont know the word in english - after I opened few texts and splitted them, i want next time to not reopen one window after another and place them, instead I want to open all windows right placed with 2 click).

I bought SESB (Stuttgarter Elektronische Studien Bibel), running libronix 3.0g and I dont know if its possible to switch to libronix 6, but I dont guess so.

Maybe there are more buttons which dont work, i didnt search for them, but I would like to be able to use the one I need.

Regards

Posts 25045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2015 3:07 PM

Alexander Hrncir:
I bought SESB (Stuttgarter Elektronische Studien Bibel), running libronix 3.0g and I dont know if its possible to switch to libronix 6, but I dont guess so.

It is possible to switch to (free) Logos 6 but you may need to email or talk (via Skype) to Customer Services about licences for SESB and other products you use in Libronix 3.0g (if you can update your licences from Libronix that will save some time as it will transfer them for use in Logos 6 with the same Faithlife account).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 5
Brad Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 7:52 AM

calvin cho:

Most of function can use.

Just a little things happened.

windows 10 can't save workspace.

but that is a small thing. you can use most of libronix.

May I ask how you got it installed and what version you are using? We have the Logos Bible Software Series X version 3. We are trying to avoid buying a new version to save $$$.

Posts 22006
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 8:01 AM

Brad Stone:
We are trying to avoid buying a new version to save $$$.

As Dave pointed out (and linked to) in the post just above yours you can get the Logos 6 core engine for free. Would this give you what you are looking for?

Posts 5
Brad Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 8:08 AM

Graham Criddle:

Brad Stone:
We are trying to avoid buying a new version to save $$$.

As Dave pointed out (and linked to) in the post just above yours you can get the Logos 6 core engine for free. Would this give you what you are looking for?

And our licensing will work?

Thanks Graham!

Posts 22006
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 8:16 AM

Brad Stone:
And our licensing will work?

If you are able to get your licences registered with Logos they should - I don't know how you do that for Series X.

There are threads discussing how to do it - see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/19432.aspx and https://community.logos.com/forums/p/30839/228586.aspx#228586 for some examples

Unless any is able to provide clear steps to do this, the simplest way may be to contact Customer Services - contact details at https://www.logos.com/contact - and get them to advise

Graham

Posts 5
Brad Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 8:31 AM

Thank you Graham you have been most helpful!

Posts 1
Earl L Dunn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2016 7:15 PM

I have downloaded the file, "30gSeriesXAutoUpdate.lbxupd."  How do I run it?

Posts 25045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2016 12:32 PM

double-click it like an executable file (but it won't run unless Libronix is installed).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2
John Kojo Ntsiful | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2016 12:45 PM

i Have logos bible software series X and cannot install it on windows 10. When I installed the core of logos 6 I did not get my unlocked books on the cds

Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS