OT: Nieuwe editie Herziene Statenvertaling

Page 2 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 81 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 3
Martijn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 10 2017 10:32 AM

Thanks for the update. I will order it when it apears on logos.com.

And a reverse-interlinear option whould be great!

Posts 4
Kin Wei Hsien | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 11 2017 2:50 AM

Martijn van Genderen:

Amen!

Posts 313
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 8:41 AM

My wish for 2018:

Herziene Statenvertaling in Logos !

Smile

Luuk

Posts 218
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 10:53 AM

The same!

Posts 1231
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 11:14 AM

I hope your wish will come true! Smile

Martijn van Genderen:

Yes

Posts 313
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 9:17 PM

Dear Thomas,

Any update on the availability of the Herziene Statenvertaling in Logos?

Luuk

Posts 643
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 5:55 PM

Hi All,

I feel like I am starting to sound like a broken record, but hopefully soon. We are just finishing up another big German project, but it is my set desire to get it up before the end of February.

In February I am also hoping to kick off an interface localization project to take things one step further even.

I know this isn't something that helps you greatly right now, but I promise you are not forgotten.

Posts 313
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 25 2018 9:51 PM

Thomas Reiter:

..., but I promise you are not forgotten.

Thomas,

Thank you for your answer. Nice to know, that we aren't forgotten. Hope that you will be succesful in your projects, in order to be able to give us the Herziene Statenvertaling. I hope that you are aware of the importancy of this translation for us. Let that be the drive to speed up the process a little more!

Thanks for all your efforts, appreciated.

Luuk

Posts 218
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 1:07 PM

Thomas wrote:

I feel like I am starting to sound like a broken record, but hopefully soon. We are just finishing up another big German project, but it is my set desire to get it up before the end of February.

Any news?

Hans van den Herik

Posts 1231
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2018 2:29 AM

Bump

Posts 313
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 14 2018 11:10 PM

Thomas, any update available?

Luuk

Posts 3
Martijn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2018 4:30 PM

Bump! Hope the hsv will soon come to logos.

Posts 643
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2018 5:29 PM

Hi all, 

Sorry for the slightly longer silence than anticipated, things did not get slower in February after launching the new German BPs as I had hoped. I have finally had a chance to get back to this project. But you don't really care about my workload, so here you go Wink

https://www.logos.com/product/151669/herziene-statenvertaling

Let me know if anything is unclear or if there are any errors on the page.

Thomas

Posts 218
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2018 11:41 PM

THANKS!!!Smile

Posts 5
Roel Veneberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2018 1:30 AM

Alright, thanks so much Thomas! So now the process is that we need to pre-order it, so that with enough 'votes' you'll be making it into a Logos-suitable format, right?

Posts 1231
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2018 1:38 AM
Many thanks!!! 😀 P.S. I think the copyright information should be: "2010/2016".
Posts 643
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2018 10:34 AM

HJ. van der Wal:
Many thanks!!! 😀 P.S. I think the copyright information should be: "2010/2016".

Done, thank you!

Posts 643
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2018 10:34 AM

Roel Veneberg:

Alright, thanks so much Thomas! So now the process is that we need to pre-order it, so that with enough 'votes' you'll be making it into a Logos-suitable format, right?

Correct!

Posts 218
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 23 2018 1:30 AM

Dear Thomas,

I give you a rather lengthy reaction on your announcement.

I have serious doubts about Logos' marketing strategy concerning the publishing of the HSV Dutch Bible. I learned from the website and your answer in this forum, that you are promoting a kind of community pricing (gathering interest). IMHO that won't work and the HSV will not be published in short time, if ever. We have waited for a very, very long time, and have to wait for another long time!

I'm working at an university with a lot of students. Many of them own an academic version of Logos. They are interested in the HSV Bible and other Dutch Bibles, but I really doubt if they will ever pre-order the HSV. Simply because they like to have it now, and would not wait for whatever distant future in which the Bible is available - if ever! The very most of them aren't active user of this forum. They even don't know what community pricing is. Some of will use other Bible programs, in which that version is available.

In my opinion it would be better to choose another marketing strategy. Bring these Bibles to the Dutch market and do some real marketing. That will really work, you will create a market for your products.

In earlier times Stuttgart Electronic Study Bible was published in this manner together with 5 Dutch Bibles and things went very well. It was well accepted on the academic level. Sadly enough SESB was discontinued and an update of the WIVU resources was delayed for many years. Meanwhile, many students and teachers choose other Bible programs.

Please don't make the same mistake! Make HSV available in a short time. Surely your investments will be paid back.

Hans van den Herik

Posts 5
Roel Veneberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 23 2018 2:50 AM

I agree with Hans, Thomas; the HSV is becoming (if not already) the standard in The Netherlands, so there's no doubt your investment will pay off. Please do not put us in this lengthy process; I bet Hans would be able to give you an indication of an amount of students he knows who would already be willing to buy the HSV, let alone the rest of the people in The Netherlands.

Kind regards and hope to hear from you,

Roel

Page 2 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS