Page 5 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 83 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 5242
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2018 11:50 AM

JT (alabama24):
If you don't want any of the other apps, there is no reason you would really need them. For most users, the Logos Bible! App and/or Verbum would be the single app they would need. 

I have 4 of the apps on my iPad... for sake of convince. Verbum is main study app... I keep faithlife books on so i can quickly open and read from where i left off... Logos i have distinctly lutheran resources installed there so I can immediately open up it for an instant lutheran flavour and I keep FSB on to use as a quick demonstration of a secondary account with faithlife bible/logos basic installed to be able to demonstrate what you can get free of charge from Logos to help you study the Bible. I would suspect a great many may have Bible program/ebook program installed for said reasons... I have the 4 installed for my stated reasons.

-dan

Posts 21635
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2018 12:07 PM

I like the approach Dan - thanks for sharing.

One thing I don’t quite understand though - unless you run offline (and if you are using the same account) then all books will be available even if not locally downloaded. Can you expand on this please? Just curious!

Posts 5242
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2018 12:40 PM

I do run offline now and then... Logos (lutheran) is set up with certain lutheran specific resources installed. I have in it always open the esv paralleled to the lutheran study Bible... now that multiple workspace windows are available I usually have the NRSV tied to the New Interpreter's Bible {I know not a Lutheran only resource but a favourite with a few prominent Lutheran scholars} and another work space with a lutheran devotional. Verbum I try to keep most windows closed but the NRSV. Running my passage guides and such. Now this practice was started long before there was multiple work spaces. But it still works out to be convenient for my study habits.

-dan

Posts 21635
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2018 1:03 PM

Thanks Dan

Appreciated, Graham

Page 5 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS