Page 4 of 4 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 68 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 70
Andrew Hughes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 7:25 AM

Just a quick question for those who have experienced video and/or audio quality issues. Are you experiencing this using the Quicktime Player, or another player?

Posts 55
John Houseago | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 8:00 AM

Hi,

"I can only download the videos to one single hard disk".

Like Tim I also use Logos at home (where my study is based) and at Church.  Does this mean that I can't install the videos on my PC and on my netbook?

I am in the UK and haven't yet received the disks.

Posts 60
Tim Deahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 8:06 AM

The terminology is mine. Read the earlier posts, including those from Johnny Cisneros and Sean Boisen (page 1 of this thread)as well as Michael Heiser (page 2; his long reply has some very helpful information). Might also want to revisit Bob Pritchett's very kind remarks on (page 3), which is why I was very hesitant even to comment. It seems apparent from the number of posts (compare the numbers on this relatively new thread!) as well as from Logos personnel that there is a sense in which the product is somewhat less than in "finished" state.

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 9:01 AM

John Houseago:

Hi,

"I can only download the videos to one single hard disk".

Like Tim I also use Logos at home (where my study is based) and at Church.  Does this mean that I can't install the videos on my PC and on my netbook?

I am in the UK and haven't yet received the disks.

Must admit the condition of only copying the files to one PC seem restrictive given today's multi computer using society, though I can understand the thinking behind it. What might've been a better way of putting it would be to say something along the lines of only one "active use" license or single site use. That way it allows people to copy files to all PCs but restricts the usage to one person at a time.

The way I've got round it is to copy the files to my Airstash and stream the files from there. Seems to work a treat so far, especially with my iPhone.

Regarding the playing of files to groups, again it seems to me that these videos are meant for personal use and adopting a teacher/class role with them would surely be a breach of copyright? I can understand Logos' thinking here.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 10:46 AM

lostlogik:
Must admit the condition of only copying the files to one PC seem restrictive given today's multi computer using society . . .

Let me quote pertinent info from the pamphlet that came with my DVD set:

"These videos are for personal and classroom use. You may present them in a group setting. You may also transfer the content of these DVD-ROMS to a single hard disk, provided you keep the original solely for backup or archival purposes."

"Prohibited uses:

"You may not copy the content except for backup purposes.

"You may not copy the content for students in your classroom.

"You may not place the content onto a server so that it is accessible via a public network such as the Internet or shared directories at your school.

"You may not sublicense, sell, rent, lease, or lend any portion of the content."

Obviously, Logos' user agreement here is different from their user agreement for the software. I trust that in agreeing to use these, we agree to use them in keeping with the agreement. If one wanted to have an exception, that should be taken up with Logos.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 11:01 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

Let me quote pertinent info from the pamphlet that came with my DVD set:

Ah, well, yes, didn't actually read that. The bit about being able to use it in a classroom is ok then (not that I need to do that) but the single copy bit is pretty clear and pretty outdated given how people use computers these days. Like I said above, glad I have an Airstash.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 11:02 AM

AndrewHughes:
Just a quick question for those who have experienced video and/or audio quality issues. Are you experiencing this using the Quicktime Player, or another player?

I'm using media player 12

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 11:38 AM

Tim Deahl:
It seems apparent from the number of posts (compare the numbers on this relatively new thread!) as well as from Logos personnel that there is a sense in which the product is somewhat less than in "finished" state.

Tim,

thanks for clarifying.

I guess we see it differently...lol...

A project of this magnitude and considering the technical nature of the material...I'd be surprised if there weren't errors.

By my point of view...no software or product is bug free...ever....some are just more visible than others... :)

But...I know you didn't mean any harm so don't take my comments like a rebuke...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 19252
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 25 2010 3:02 PM

Logos has announced the availability of the corrected Greek and Hebrew alphabet videos in downloadable form: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/20116/151446.aspx

Page 4 of 4 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS