Major BUG: ToC in "See Inside" broken - FIXED

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 12108
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 2 2021 3:40 AM

The Table of Contents in the "See Inside" functionality of all FL Shop sites is broken, and doesn't display any content at all. This is very relevant for purchase decisions, since the amount of text displayed in See Inside is regularly too short to show the ToC and thus give an indication of the books content, size and depth of treatment. 

This has been reported recently (as yet unacknowledged) for mobile, but it seems to be broken for all platforms, all browsers - since mobile was reported, I tested several different books on Logos.com, Verbum.com and ebooks.faithlife.com, on Chrome and Edge browsers on desktop, Windows 10. Consistent result is failure to show the ToC below the header line.

Steps to reproduce: Open the "See Inside" for any unowned single resource (my example is https://www.logos.com/product/125369/karl-barth-his-life-from-letters-and-autobiographical-texts ) ....

.... then click the ToC button....

... an empty frame will show, like in the first screenshot above.

Please fix urgently!

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2853
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2021 3:49 AM

NB.Mick:
The Table of Contents in the "See Inside" functionality of all FL Shop sites is broken, and doesn't display any content at all. This is very relevant for purchase decisions, since the amount of text displayed in See Inside is regularly too short to show the ToC and thus give an indication of the books content, size and depth of treatment. 

I was just thinking of reporting this when I saw your thread.

I agree this is urgent.Yes

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 8409
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 10 2021 5:58 PM

The problem is still there.  No previews nor table of contents.

DAL

Posts 207
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2021 3:37 AM

Problem still exists today, FL.

Fix, please.

Posts 12108
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 25 2021 10:04 AM

I don't understand the lack of attention this forum gets - everything reported here has the potential or even the very clear and tangible effect of lost sales.

Posts 5584
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 25 2021 12:16 PM

NB.Mick:

I don't understand the lack of attention this forum gets - everything reported here has the potential or even the very clear and tangible effect of lost sales.

Faithlife seems to hold that this forum can be ignored, expecting that website problems will be emailed to weberrors@faithlife.com instead of being posted here.

The Faithlife Feedback board for Logos.com is also seemingly ignored.

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

This should be fixed now; can you confirm?

Posts 12108
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 1 2021 4:16 AM

Confirm! Many thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS