A Plea for a Functional "Biblical Places" on Mac

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 51 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2012 10:02 AM

Jonathan:
Will this allow access to the maps designed by Logos without opening Biblical Places or do those only appear in Biblical places?

Biblical Places has newer map resources.  Older Logos map resources are searchable.

Jonathan:
Also, Is there a way to limit this to maps only (and not included photographs)? I am thinking that there is NOT a way to do this, but if there is, that would be great.

One option is creating a Maps collection.  Could use rule:

Subject:map,Title:map

Alternate rule is map, which include resources with map in description.

My "Media Collection" uses rule of type:media (albeit also includes photographs)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2012 3:02 PM

Hoping for a functional Biblical Places in next round of Betas.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 4 2012 1:29 PM

Tonya J Ross:

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Logos 4.5b SR-1 on Mac and PC have buggy arrow interaction for Biblical Places history navigation.  For example, start with Jerusalem, then enter Athens, followed by left history arrow to go back to Jerusalem: one click changed the maps, but not the location:

I am able to reproduce this issue and will report it.

This issue should be fixed in the next beta update.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 5 2012 8:14 AM

Tonya J Ross:

fgh:
You can also add that on Mac one has to click the arrow once for each new map; on PC (as I remember Mark's video) one can click-and-hold and the maps keep moving (the shortcut bar arrows do that on Mac, but not the Biblical Places arrows).

I will make a case for this issue.

The issue of continuous scrolling (via click and holding the arrow) for the map thumbnails in Biblical Places should be fixed in the next update.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 5 2012 8:45 AM

Tonya J Ross:
The issue of continuous scrolling (via click and holding the arrow) for the map thumbnails in Biblical Places should be fixed in the next update.

THANK YOU! After two years I will finally be able to find out what maps of Jerusalem I actually have. Though I guess "next update" means "next stable release" sometime in the early autumn, and not "next SR"? 

Btw, while you're working on various arrows: it would be much better if all of them (maps, shortcut bar, home page...) were 'loops', so to speak, i e if they didn't stop when you came to the last item but just moved on to the first again, so that you didn't have to manually click yourself all the way back again.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 452
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 5 2012 8:58 AM

fgh:

Btw, while you're working on various arrows: it would be much better if all of them (maps, shortcut bar, home page...) were 'loops', so to speak, i e if they didn't stop when you came to the last item but just moved on to the first again, so that you didn't have to manually click yourself all the way back again.

That could get confusing. If I don't take note of which map I looked at first, I could see myself going around in circles thinking I haven't yet reached the end. A better option, IMO, would be to use a standard horizontal scrollbar instead of the arrows.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 5 2012 8:55 PM

mitchellisdumb:
A better option, IMO, would be to use a standard horizontal scrollbar instead of the arrows.

+1 Yes for scroll bar, which could also be used to quickly navigate lots of maps since currently arrows on Mac need one click to scroll one map, which is different than PC click and hold to scroll.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 12:30 PM

Still hoping for a functional "Biblical Places" on Mac. Seems like a really basic feature is being neglected.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 6:44 PM

Any chance these issues might be fixed in the next release?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:08 PM

Jonathan:

Any chance these issues might be fixed in the next release?

Looking at Feature Parity list, which has been revamped by Logos, noticed a major annoyance for using maps in Biblical Places tops the list of items not yet fixed.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 7 2012 11:16 AM

Jonathan:

Still hoping for a functional "Biblical Places" on Mac. Seems like a really basic feature is being neglected.

Logos 4.6a Beta 4 on OS X 10.8.2 has a number of functional Biblical Places improvements.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2012 1:19 PM

Tonya J Ross:

While I'm grateful that it works at all, I realized today that the maps in the lower ribbon 'scroll' considerably slower than the shortcuts on the shortcut bar. Any chance you could speed them up?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS