Following Signals in Bible and Faithlife mobile apps

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 33
Sam DeSocio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2013 7:31 PM

Ive seem to setup everything right, but I cant get it to work on my android phone or tablet. In the bible app there is a presentation link but nothing comes up (yup Ive set it to allow location connections)

Posts 33
Sam DeSocio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 5:44 AM

Scratch that last comment - I didnt  save the location change and it is a very confined area.

Posts 14
Dave Gress | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 24 2013 3:22 PM

In our configuration, our admin imports PowerPoint slides and the signals import during the process. We have two services, 9:30am and 11 am. When the presentation goes on air at 9:00 am, the presentation shows on all the devices. When the Powerpoints start, all the signals show up for the PowerPoint section of the presentation. If a person on their device remains attentive, the presentation will lead them through each signal. If they stray away from the app, the presentation will indicate they are connected, but there not any signals listed under the connected presentation. This happens for the 11 am service as well. it also happens on multiple platforms. This morning it was on an android phone, three iPads and an android tablet. My thought is we have a port blocking the update or refresh of a presentation for the devices. Is there a refresh? Also, if we open up a presentation, there are multiple sets of the signals, like five. We had discussions on the new survey feature and how nice it would be to utilize, but how can the results be reliable if we cannot be sure individual devices are connected or not.

Posts 14
Dave Gress | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 24 2013 3:26 PM

Added info:  happens identically in FaithLife and Logos apps on all platforms.

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2013 4:17 PM

Dave Gress:
When the Powerpoints start, all the signals show up for the PowerPoint section of the presentation.

Dave, we are aware of this issue and are working to get this resolved. Thank you for reporting this.

Dave Gress:
Also, if we open up a presentation, there are multiple sets of the signals, like five.

I'm sorry, I am not quite understanding what you are referring to here. Could you explain what you mean by this?

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2013 10:18 PM

Brisa Calderon:

Dave Gress:
Also, if we open up a presentation, there are multiple sets of the signals, like five.

I'm sorry, I am not quite understanding what you are referring to here. Could you explain what you mean by this?

This bug has been fixed.

Posts 2

I am having a problem. I went on air earlier today to see if the signals would go to my iPhone and they did. Hours later when I tried again they no longer showed up on the phone. The phone showed that I was following my presentation and that it was active, but no signals would reach my phone. On the program on my laptop it showed me also that 1 person was following my presentation which was me. Can anyone explain why no signals reach my phone anymore, and hopefully before Sunday?....lol.

FYI: I have restarted the Logos and Faithlife Apps 5 or 6 times and same problem. I have restarted the Proclaim program and even my laptop and the problem stays the same. I have turned my iPhone off and on, and played around with the network settings and the problem is the same. 

Thanks in advance! 

Posts 2

Need some help. Proclaim and my iPhone show that I am currently following the presentation but no signals come to my phone. 

Posts 53
Stephanie Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2013 5:29 AM

I'm demo-ing Proclaim, but trying to see how signals work.  Can someone tell me if signals broadcast only after you've purchased the On Air licence? 

Posts 1
LogosEmployee
Miles Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2013 3:40 PM

Hi Stonebridge Church,

You can test the full function of the signals without a full On Air License. It's a good way to get familiar with what they are, so if/when you are ready to get on board, you're already familiar with one of the more prominent features of Proclaim.

Posts 94
Jonathan Griffiths | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2013 10:04 AM

We've been using Proclaim On Air for a long time now, and I've never had issues with following presentations on my mobile app. This week, I tried to join the presentation and only got presented with a different church's presentation group. We were On Air and connected to the web with our presentation PC, and my phone (Galaxy S3 running the latest Play Store release of the Bible App) had one live presentation at the bottom of the screen, but it wasn't ours. 

Any thoughts on what caused this and how to fix for future gatherings?

L5 on Lenovo Thinkpad, i5, windows 7 pro | Logos App on Samsung Galaxy S3 | Logos App on tablet soon

Posts 2
| Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 2:52 AM

I'm new here so sorry if I ask an obvious or stupid question.  I have just been appointed as an Assistant Pastor and we have taken a look at Proclaim for us as a church to use.  I am impressed with many aspects but just trying to work out how the system works and how we can get the most out of it.

I note you stated "One key thing to keep in mind when setting up and using signals is that signals are broadcast to a specific location; they are location based, not group based."

This is very helpful to be informed of and is worth making clear to people when signing up for the software at the point of sale.  The question I have is therefore how do devices which have iOS, Android or Windows 8 (not Mobile as I understand that is yet to be created) use the system if they do not have GPS inbuilt?  I assume the answer is simple, in that they cannot.

Any useful info for that scenario would most useful.

Posts 2
| Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2013 2:58 AM

In my rushing around I neglected to read the bit after the screenshots :)

Once you have followed a presentation by a particular group, they will be placed in the "Proclaim Groups" list.

Can you confirm if the group must therefore must be an "open group"?  I understand that all those in the group can edit presentations if they install Proclaim so this concerns me.  I think however I'm probably being rather thick, so I apologise in advance if I am :)

Posts 9
Chris callanan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 10:27 AM

Any way to add a "document" to a Signal? I'd like to be able to send out the Handout/Bulletin  on a signal....  :)

thx

Posts 84
Colin Cameron | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 4:55 PM

Chris callanan:

Any way to add a "document" to a Signal? I'd like to be able to send out the Handout/Bulletin  on a signal....  :)

thx

Chris,

The only thing that I can think of would be to post the file to a website and then send out a signal that would be the address of the file. I don't think you could actually send the file.

Peace & Blessings,

Colin+

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS