Logos 4 FAQs

Page 2 of 6 (108 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 107 Replies | 18 Followers

Posts 13126
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 1:15 PM | Locked

Bob,

This indicates a problem with .NET or the Visual C++ Runtimes. You should first make sure that Vista is up-to-date with SP2. You should then try and download/install the following:

If you get error messages, this will help you to determine the source of your problem. If you don't, try Logos again - it should work if all this is installed properly.

Posts 120
Mark Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 5:59 AM | Locked

Phil,

I am new to the "forums" (my only two posts are in the "newbies" thread) and I have a couple of questions that I could not find on the faqs.

1.  When L4 updates automatically to let me know that I have 4 new updates/resources; is there a way of telling what was updated?

2.  How do you "start a new thread"?

Thanks - Mark Watson - a Logos user in Kentucky.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:20 AM | Locked

Mark Watson:
1.  When L4 updates automatically to let me know that I have 4 new updates/resources; is there a way of telling what was updated?
Not at this time.  Not easily anyway.  You can always open your resources directory and sort by date to see what's new, or just check here - people will be discussing it.  Wink  I keep hoping Logos will include some sort of "what's been updated" feature.

Mark Watson:
2.  How do you "start a new thread"?
Go to the main page for a particular forum and click make a new post:

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2009 11:27 AM | Locked

Thanks for the links. The videos are very helpful.

Posts 1
Jennifer Dunbar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 12:08 PM | Locked

I still have the shortcut for Libronix on my computer after downloading Logos 4.  Should I delete libronix?  Does it take up additional unnecessary space?

Posts 5563
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 12:37 PM | Locked

JenniferDunbar:

I still have the shortcut for Libronix on my computer after downloading Logos 4.  Should I delete libronix?  Does it take up additional unnecessary space?

DO NOT delete Libronix. If you want to you may uninstall it from  Windows (big difference!).

But there are a few reasons to keep it (at least for a while):

1) Logos4 is still developing some of its functionality (see below for what's Missing, and a time table for seeing it in L4). If you need any of those things, keep Libronix for now.

2) If you need to install a pre-pub, or purchase a close-out CD from a 3rd party (e.g., Nelson) you will need to install it first to Libronix, before Logos4 will be able to pick it up.

3) You may be more familiar with how Libronix works, and it may save you some time initially to use Libronix. Eventually, most find that Logos4 is much, much easier to use and at the same time more powerful.

To save space, you could remove many of the resources that are duplicated in Logos4 (at least). The program itself doesn't take up that much room, the resources however...

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 18
Raymond Wood | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 7:42 PM | Locked

I just loaded L4 yesterday and I'm glad I still have L3 on my system.  Some of my things on L3 did not carry over and it looks like a long learning curve for me to feel comfortable with L4.  In these times you probably have an excess of disk space and probably can afford to keep it on your system till you are comfortable with the new software.[quote

Posts 1
doug mac | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 2:35 PM | Locked

me too..

Posts 13126
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 3:22 PM | Locked

It's not really a long learning curve. You sort of sit there and get frustrated for a bit because it's different from Logos 3, and then it clicks! Watching the videos will really help it click.

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 11:44 PM | Locked

Raymond Wood:
I just loaded L4 yesterday and I'm glad I still have L3 on my system.  Some of my things on L3 did not carry over and it looks like a long learning curve for me to feel comfortable with L4.  In these times you probably have an excess of disk space and probably can afford to keep it on your system till you are comfortable with the new software.

Raymond, if it is any consolation to you, your reaction is very common even to the most extreme power users that we have on these forums. However, after an hour or two of using the programme, it began to click with me and the more I used it the more I didn't go back. I have L3 still loaded, but I have not run it since the day I installed my upgrade.  Hang in there and if there is anything we can do to help, let us know. Don't forget to look at the wiki - http://wiki.logos.com for additional help as well. The wiki is changing daily and will likely cover an issue you might be having. if it doesn't, say something on here or feel free to edit the wiki yourself because sometimes having newcomers to the wiki helps us see things we have been missing.

Posts 2849
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 7:19 AM | Locked

My question is : I  have  got somesthing which I have been looking for in Logos 4 Usual filter ,but my problem is I have difficult what the grammer terms are ,I am looking for help,because I love the Inductive method study,even though I need some more help,even with this too.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 8:21 AM | Locked

GhebreabTesfai:

My question is : I  have  got somesthing which I have been looking for in Logos 4 Usual filter ,but my problem is I have difficult what the grammer terms are ,I am looking for help,because I love the Inductive method study,even though I need some more help,even with this too.

If you come across a grammar term you don't understand you should look it up in a grammar for that language. So, for example, if it's Dative in Greek, go to your library and type Greek Grammar and select one of those resources. Search it for "Dative" and you will probably find a chapter on that term. If that chapter is too complicated you could look in your dictionaries to get a basic understanding. Also, Some of the original language texts (the syntax databases in particular) also have glossaries (as a seperate resource) that explains what the terms mean. These are must-reads before using the syntax resources.

If you need more help, start a new thread in the forum and someone will be able to help you.

Posts 13126
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 8:49 AM | Locked

If you have it, IVPs Pocket Dictionary of New Testament Greek is great for this sort of thing.

Posts 2
Clayton Fenton Rutledge | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 10:05 AM | Locked

Thanks; I had the same question re uninstalling Libronix; I'll hang on to it for a while.

Fenton, a Louisiana user.

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 10:23 AM | Locked

Phil Gons:

I don't understand how these are related. Logos 4 doesn't require Windows 7. It will run fine on Vista and XP SP3. There are lots of reasons to upgrade to Logos 4, even if you don't plan to switch to the Logos 4 engine quite yet. You can get hundreds of new books at incredible discounts and run the majority of them on Logos 3.

I am just rereading all of the posts in the forums and wanted to ask about this statement.  More specifically, "There are lots of reasons to upgrade to Logos 4, even if you don't plan to switch to the logos 4 engine quite yet."  I have purchased the upgrade from L3 original languages to L4 original languages.  It was 68 dollars.  Am I still missing the L4 engine?  What exactly is that?

I guess now would be as good as anytime to ask this question...If I was considering moving up to the scholar's L4, the only "good" time is now while the special upgrade prices are effective?  I was hoping to be able to save money for now  and go to Gold in a few months.  Could I still get Gold at a later time and not put out the 1300 dollars for retail?  

Posts 13126
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 10:46 AM | Locked

What was being said was that you take take advantage of the discount upgrades prices now, even if you plan to install later. You'd still get the advantage of the extra resources in Logos 3 if you did. If you've installed Logos 4, you have the Logos 4 engine (another name for the software itself distinct from the resources).

You'll still get a special upgrade price to Gold in the future, and certainly won't have to pay retail. But Logos are hinting that the prices are better now than they will be then. What the price will be then, and when 'then' is, no-one knows!

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 12:55 PM | Locked

Mark Barnes:
You'll still get a special upgrade price to Gold in the future, and certainly won't have to pay retail. But Logos are hinting that the prices are better now than they will be then. What the price will be then, and when 'then' is, no-one knows!

At least the last round of upgrades, I think the early bird special (it was called then) was about 25%. (If I recall correctly). I'm not suggesting that the current collections will go up by 25% because I have no clue what their current price structure is, but historically Mark is correct that it is best to upgrade right after a new release.

Posts 2849
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 1:51 PM | Locked

God bless you!thank you! I have not tried it yet,because now in Germany it is time to sleep,but perhaps I will try it if I I can come up with it.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2849
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 2:20 PM | Locked

the copy of the multiple verses with auto.lookup in libronix 3 is not working in the logos 4 could you please tell me if there is any means I can get it.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 6:12 AM | Locked

Tes:

the copy of the multiple verses with auto.lookup in libronix 3 is not working in the logos 4 could you please tell me if there is any means I can get it.

Multiple verse copy should now work in L4.0a

In the command box type : show copy bible verses

Insert your multiple verses and click COPY.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Page 2 of 6 (108 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS