Index of Bible Studies

Page 10 of 10 (192 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10
This post has 191 Replies | 20 Followers

Posts 113
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 2 2019 4:25 AM

This is a new version of the file, with the corrections mentioned two messages ago and a few other similar ones. A total of about a dozen corrections.

43476.Index Bible Studies.docx

7167.MyIndex.zip

Posts 30
Linda | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2019 11:37 AM

Hi Richard,

I'm very new to Logos and still figuring out how to use it, but I was able to create my personal book with your index per your instructions and believe it's working. At first my program crashed, but when I reopened it there was no problem. I'm on a Mac so I wasn't able to remove books that I don't own (a lot), but I'll just use that as incentive to buy books. LOL It looks like it was a LOT of work, and it was very generous of to share. Thank you, kindly.

Posts 113
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 3:18 AM

Thanks Linda. My message on September 9 explains how to remove books you do not use if you own a Mac.

Posts 30
Linda | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 11:20 AM

Thanks, Rich, I don't get an .xml option under Export. But that's okay. It will be a great tool, and I'm thankful to have it as is.

Posts 113
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 9:40 AM

Here is another update to this file, with another 63 books added to the index (now 2037) with another about 3000 links (now about 65000). The new books are mostly from the Library Booster Collection, with a few others. For instructions on how to use these files, see my post on September 9th.

6663.Index Bible Studies.docx

8780.MyIndex.zip

Posts 1986
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 22 2020 12:35 PM

As always...thanks!

Posts 10430
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 22 2020 1:13 PM

Thanks a lot, Richard!

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 6
Jimmy Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 28 2020 2:30 PM

Just finding out about this. When I click on the link it wants to know what program to open it with? Logos? Didn't have that option.

Posts 10430
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 28 2020 2:48 PM

Jimmy Smith:

Just finding out about this. When I click on the link it wants to know what program to open it with? Logos? Didn't have that option.

For starters:

• forget the zip file and download the Word file (the one with the .docx extension)
  • in Logos, go to Tools/Personal Books, click Add book in the top left
  • Fill in a Title (such as "Index of Bible Studies") and change the Type to: Bible Commentary
  • Click the Add file... button to the right and select the docx you downloaded
  • Click Build book

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 6
Jimmy Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 30 2020 9:19 AM

Thanks everyone for your help in identifying how to include other books as commentary by verse. Now, what would REALLY Be HELPFUL is to find a way to have the books that you own migrate to the top of the list and be identified as such with highlighting or some other means. Thanks again!

Posts 33
Don D. Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 30 2020 9:34 AM

While a bit more involved than using the docx file, if you download and run the program within the zip file you get an index with only the books you have in your library.  Then you make it into a personal book.  The instructions on how to do that are in Richard's post of Sept 9.

I have made both the docx file and the index generated by the program into personal books in my library.

Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600 (x64)

Acer Aspire 5738G laptop

4G RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo T6600

ATI Mobility Raedeon HD 4570

Posts 113
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 31 2020 5:15 AM

Jimmy Smith:

Thanks everyone for your help in identifying how to include other books as commentary by verse. Now, what would REALLY Be HELPFUL is to find a way to have the books that you own migrate to the top of the list and be identified as such with highlighting or some other means. Thanks again!

Thanks for everyone that is quicker at replying than me! I update the files every 6 months or so, but don't repeat the instructions every time. As was said, if you look at my message on September 9th, 2019, you will find how to create a personal book with only the books that you own.

Page 10 of 10 (192 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 | RSS