Thanks Bradley.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 1373
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 7:59 PM

Hi Bradley,

The fix worked on one computer for me.

However, I had to install L4 on a new computer yesterday.  I followed the steps in the Wiki (option 2) to copy from the old machine to the new one.  The new installation is abnormal in two ways:

a) Biblical P/P/T are greyed out.

b) 10 resources are missing (library count = 791 instead of 801). e.g. 1000 Images does not even show up in the Library.

I've tried the following steps to try to resolve the problem:

- Renamed Library.dat so that L4 recreates it (tried this twice);

- Ran "update now";

- Ran "scan c:\Users\......\Resources" and restarted L4.

None of these steps resolved the lost resources and lost BP/P/T tools for me.  Can you please help?

Thanks!

Peter

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 10:25 PM

PeterLi:
None of these steps resolved the lost resources and lost BP/P/T tools for me.  Can you please help?

Try this one. It may, or may not help, but you never now: type update resources in the command bar of Logos4. Note that this will take several minutes to run as it will look at all your resources and internal file dates/versions and compare them with the server files and dates/versions. Then it will download what it needs or tell you there is nothing to download.

If that doesn't work, it's possible that the index is the problem. This solution will take a lot longer, and there are still no guarantees. Type rebuild index in the command bar of Logos4. This is not the same as deleting your Library.dat file. I think it does the same thing as deleting the files in the index subdirectory, another MVP disagrees (I'd like to know for sure who's right, BTW). Note that this can take several hours, although indexing times have improved dramatically since L4 was first released - and very dramatically compared to the pre-release beta days.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 25746
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:30 AM

Stephen Filyer:

David, I have now tried this twice (ie to  "hide" the 2 files) by opening two tabs: Library & Program Settings.

Crashes and requests for "Error Reporting" happened BOTH times as I  attempted to drag these two files from the Library Window to the Hidden Resources Window.

Provided your access to resources has been fully restored (per this thread), try deleting the following files from your \Resources folder:-

LexhamSGGNT.lbxclv and LexSGGlossary.logos4 together with LexhamSGGNT.lbssyn.

The last is the syntax database.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2763
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:50 AM

Bradley Grainger:
Please delete your %LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos4\Data\...\LicenseManager\Licenses.dat file, and Sign In to the program (while connected to the Internet). It should detect that the licenses are missing and download a new copy.

would someone be kind enough to explain how & where i should go to have my license deleted. Thanks for the help.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:57 AM

Ted,

Windows 7:

C:\users\yourname\appdata\local\logos4\data\zitreler.tpg\licensemanager\licenses.dat

The folder in bold won't have the same numbers as mine.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2763
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:02 AM

Sorry, i should have stated Bob i am using window xp

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:03 AM

Ted,

then it should be easier:

C:\Program Files\Logos4

and then the path is the same.

Robert Pavich

Posts 2763
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:09 AM

Robert Pavich:

Ted,

Thanks Bob.

Ted

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:14 AM

Robert Pavich:

Ted,

Bob,

I'm fairly sure that logos does NOT use the standard windows xp install location. Rather: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4

An absolutely insane decision.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:27 AM

Damian McGrath:
I'm fairly sure that logos does NOT use the standard windows xp install location. Rather: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4

whoops....Damian..you're right...sorry Ted.

Damian McGrath:
An absolutely insane decision.

I'd have to agree...weird decision.

Robert Pavich

Posts 25746
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:33 AM

Bradley Grainger:
I'm unable to reproduce a problem with expiring licenses when downloading the licenses fresh from our server. Please delete your %LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos4\Data\...\LicenseManager\Licenses.dat file, and Sign In to the program (while connected to the Internet).

Bradley, two days ago I confirmed the "expiring licence/new year" date issue in my Laptop Windows 7  whilst off-line. I just went online for the first time since Dec 22nd and everything was OK, no need for the workaround.

My question is WHY, what is the real issue? Was it the Licence Server?

EDIT 1: Also, I haven't done any of the resource and software downloads - still on 4.0a RC1.

EDIT 2: Updated L4 on Laptop Win 7 to 4.0a SR-2 using web link and all is still OK.

EDIT 3: Experieced the "expiring licence/new year" date issue in my Desktop Windows 7 (4.0 SR-7)  whilst off-line. When I went online for the first time since Dec 22nd everything was OK, no need for the workaround! Now I'm going to update and download resources (848.5 MB).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2763
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:37 AM

Damian McGrath:

Bob,

An absolutely insane decision

Thanks Damian & Bob. Damian you were right. Now what should i delete? Every thing in the Logos 4 folder (Date, documents,install,shared,system,users,Logos 4)

Ted

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:39 AM

Ted,

NO!  Just drill down to ...Data\...\LicenseManager\Licenses.dat and delete that file.

Posts 1141
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:40 AM

And for someone like me who never did this download that caused the issue but was a beta tester, can I just wait for the next release ??? and avoid having to delete some files ???

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:43 AM

Joan Korte:
And for someone like me who never did this download that caused the issue but was a beta tester, can I just wait for the next release ??? and avoid having to delete some files ???

Joan, it's only one file and it doesn't cause any problems (no re-indexing or anything). I didn't even have to sign in again!

Posts 2763
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:48 AM

Damian McGrath:

Ted,

NO!  Just drill down to ...Data\...\LicenseManager\Licenses.dat and delete that file.

Big thanks - You are a star, i finally got it!Yes

Ted

Posts 1141
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:49 AM

Damian,

The "someone like me" part refers to others who don't participate in the forums for good reasons--will the next update or release fix this problem?

Posts 1373
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 5:00 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

PeterLi:

Try this one. It may, or may not help, but you never now: type update resources in the command bar of Logos4. Note that this will take several minutes to run as it will look at all your resources and internal file dates/versions and compare them with the server files and dates/versions. Then it will download what it needs or tell you there is nothing to download.

If that doesn't work, it's possible that the index is the problem. This solution will take a lot longer, and there are still no guarantees. Type rebuild index in the command bar of Logos4. This is not the same as deleting your Library.dat file. I think it does the same thing as deleting the files in the index subdirectory, another MVP disagrees (I'd like to know for sure who's right, BTW). Note that this can take several hours, although indexing times have improved dramatically since L4 was first released - and very dramatically compared to the pre-release beta days.

Richard - I tried the "update resources" command last night and it returned with "No updates".

Bradley - Should I go ahead with a reindex?  Will that help with my situation?  Or should I call Support?

Thanks!

Peter

Page 2 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS