Suggestion: The Sentences by Peter Lombard

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19216
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 11 2014 12:27 PM

The Sentences by Peter Lombard

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 11 2014 1:37 PM

For background and some other medieval suggestions, see The Glossa Ordinaria and Peter Lombard's Sentences (and a few others...)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 12 2014 2:33 PM

This is on Prepub! Please preorder to make it happen! It has to be translated still so it will cost a bit... 

https://www.logos.com/product/18419/aquinas-commentary-on-the-sentences-of-peter-lombard-english-and-latin

EDIT: Ooops - this is the commentary of Aquinas on the Sentences. Let's get both!

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 12 2014 3:06 PM

I already have, but I think we should have the Sentences before the commentary on the Sentences. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5186
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 12 2014 4:20 PM

fgh:

I already have, but I think we should have the Sentences before the commentary on the Sentences. 

It does make sense, but I wouldn't want St. Thomas' commentary to be delayed on that account.

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 12 2014 10:50 PM

fgh:

LOL. You are right!

And regarding the suggestion, YesYes

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 4:55 AM

I'm in also.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS