This post has 789 Replies | 28 Followers

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 12:43 PM

Questions

1. Name: Paul Newsome
  2. Where you call home (general or specific): Kansas City, Missouri
  3. Occupation: Full time student; Stay at home dad
  4. Age: 27-1/2
  5. How long you've been using Logos Bible Software: since July 8, 2010 - almost a year
  6. Your most-used Logos resource (other than the Bible):  ESV Bible; WBC; Anything and everything Spurgeon
  7. Your #1 use for Logos: preparing for sermons and Bible study class
  8. Favorite non-Logos pastime: Running; Geocaching
  9. Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who your are:  I have a Finance degree from Oklahoma State University; Amongst my father, mother myself, two brothers, we average 6' 5" in height.

- My 7 week old son Haddon and me "getting work done".

Posts 11
Jim Orr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 12:45 PM
  1. Name: Jim Orr
  2. Where you call home (general or specific): Murrieta, CA
  3. Occupation: School Teacher
  4. Age: 61
  5. How long you've been using Logos Bible Software: almost 2 years
  6. Your most-used Logos resource (other than the Bible): Macarthur Commentary
  7. Your #1 use for Logos: Bible Study Prep
  8. Favorite non-Logos pastime: Reading and computer time
  9. Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who your are: Married for 37 years
Posts 388
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 12:45 PM
  1. Name: Danny Parker
  2. Where you call home (general or specific): Dighton, KS
  3. Occupation: Pastor
  4. Age: 58
  5. How long you've been using Logos Bible Software: Used since before LOGOS when it was originally CDWORD - produced from DTS. Not sure of the date Mid 1980s I think. 
  6. Your most-used Logos resource (other than the Bible): UBS Handbooks (a hard one, I use a lot, Tyndale commentaries, NIC commentaries, NIGTC, Baker Exegetical)
  7. Your #1 use for Logos: Sermon, Bible studies preparation
  8. Favorite non-Logos pastime: Astronomy
  9. Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who your are: First professional ministry position at 50,
Posts 61
David Sawyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 12:46 PM
  1. Name: David Sawyer
  2. Where you call home (general or specific): East London, UK
  3. Occupation: Accountant for charity
  4. Age: 34
  5. How long you've been using Logos Bible Software: 2 years
  6. Your most-used Logos resource (other than the Bible): Encyclopedias and dictionaries?
  7. Your #1 use for Logos: Sermon preparation, and personal study
  8. Favorite non-Logos pastime: Playing with family (1 wife, 2 daughter & 1 son - ages 2-5)
  9. Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who your are: I think I'm getting older now as I am suddenly into gardening... am I turning into my father...
Posts 37
Brent Daniel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 12:47 PM

Questions

1. Name:  Brent Daniel
  2. Where you call home (general or specific):  Ottawa, ON, Canada
  3. Occupation:  Consultant
  4. Age: 40s
  5. How long you've been using Logos Bible Software: 6 years
  6. Your most-used Logos resource (other than the Bible):  ESV Study Bible ... and many more
  7. Your #1 use for Logos:  Personal edification, study leadership, very occasional sermon prep. as a lay leader
  8. Favorite non-Logos pastime:  AAA Hockey Board Member, Team Manager, Trainer, Player Safety advocate (implementation of standardized concussion assessement and management protocols)
  9. Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who your are:  I get great satisfaction in leading and helping others; Married to a Saint; Father of three wonderful children

Posts 32
Matt Longhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 12:49 PM

1. Name: Matt longhorn

2. Where you call home: Berkshire, England

3. Occupation: Health Informatics Analyst

4. Age: 25

5. How Long you've been using Logos Bible Software: one and a half years

6. Your most-used Logos resource: Theological Journals

Posts 29
RMC | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 12:52 PM

1. Name: Rachel
  2. Where you call home (general or specific): Fredericksburg, VA
  3. Occupation: full-time mom
  4. Age: 32
  5. How long you've been using Logos Bible Software: 6 months
  6. Your most-used Logos resource (other than the Bible): Vines, the basic commentaries in the Bible Study package
  7. Your #1 use for Logos: Personal study, preparation for small group
  8. Favorite non-Logos pastime: spending time with the young adults in my young adult ministry Cool
  9. Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who your are: Mom of 2 young boys, leading my first Precept Upon Precept class this summer, my husband and I have been leading a young adult ministry with our church for the past 3 years - our house is a home away from home for them Smile  It was this ministry that gave me my passion for Bible study - one day God laid it on my heart that if the young adults were coming to me for counsel, I need to be giving them Biblical counsel, which means I need to know the Word inside and out - from that day on I've been absolutely passionate about the Word of God - a passion I can only explain as God-given.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 12:53 PM

1. Name: Thomas Black
  2. Home: Moweaqua, Illinois.
  3. Occupation: Pastor, Forum MVP
  4. Age: 39.x
  5. How long using Logos: Over 10 years, started with 2.x (Though I do recall playing with an earlier version).
  6. Most used non-Bible Logos resource: NICOT/NICNT
  7. #1 Logos Use: Sermon Prep.
  8. Favorite Non-Logos Pastime: Running.
  9. Random fact.  I recently memorized 1 Timothy and am planning on either Romans or Hebrews (Or Galatians, or...)

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 76
Ryan Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 12:53 PM
  1. Name: Ryan Burns
  2. Where you call home (general or specific): Richmond VA
  3. Occupation: Executive Pastor
  4. Age: 33
  5. How long you've been using Logos Bible Software: 5 years +/-
  6. Your most-used Logos resource (other than the Bible): NICNTOT
  7. Your #1 use for Logos: Reading and study
  8. Favorite non-Logos pastime: Selling noise canceling headphones
  9. Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who your are: I used to work at Logos. Some of my claims to fame are @logos on twitter, SeminaryScholarship.com, The Great Bible Giveaway, Logos March Madness, 4th place in the chili cookoff, the iPhone app tutorial videos, sharing an office with Phil Gons, working 100+/- hours the week we launched Logos 4, and some other stuff.

Helping people find seminary scholarships and church jobs.

Posts 27041
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 12:54 PM

Questions

1. Name: MJ Smith
  2. Where you call home (general or specific): Seattle
  3. Occupation: retiree
  4. Age: 65
  5. How long you've been using Logos Bible Software: off and on since first Catholic edition (L2?)
  6. Your most-used Logos resource (other than the Bible): Anchor Bible Dictionary
  7. Your #1 use for Logos: supporting blog and creation of Bible study materials
  8. Favorite non-Logos pastime: charity work including teenaged foster children
  9. Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who your are: raised as a member of a Black Angus herd (with special privileges of course)

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2709
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 12:58 PM

George Somsel:
Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who your are:  If we confess that God is the creator of the universe who establishes its laws then no investigation of these laws can be dependent upon some pre-conceived paradigm.  This leads to the conclusion that the "Big Bang" or evolution cannot be ruled out ahead of time due to theological dogma.  Biblical exegesis must precede systematization which must be dependent on the results of biblical theology.

You just could not resist writing this GeorgeBig Smile. I don't intend to hijack this thread but how can biblical exegesis or biblical theology prove the Big Bang/ Evolution, that is the domain of Science! I would say science is informing your exegesis not the other way round. Wink

George Somsel:

Semi-retired at 38?Stick out tongue I think I should think of living in the US.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 29
Georgia Schoelz | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 12:58 PM

1. Name: Georgia Schoelz
  2. Where you call home (general or specific):  Auburn, WA
  3. Occupation: Retired RN. Currently I'm a women's Bible study leader, and I serve on our Women's Ministry Team as special events director at our church.
  4. Age: 57
  5. How long you've been using Logos Bible Software: 20 years, since I first started leading women's Bible studies in 1991.
  6. Your most-used Logos resource (other than the Bible): Hard to choose! But I'd say BDAG and other original language resources, along with the many commentaries, and Logos' wonderful ability to link everything all together!
  7. Your #1 use for Logos: Bible study class prep, personal study, and fun!
  8. Favorite non-Logos pastime: Gardening and reading.
  9. Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who your are: I've been married for 32 years and we have two children, a son and a daughter, ages 26 and 23. I love the Lord, my Redeemer, and desire to serve Him to the best of my ability as He equips me to do so.
Posts 59
Bert Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:00 PM
  1. Name:  Bert Barnes
  2. Where you call home (general or specific): Middelburg South Africa
  3. Occupation: Retired Pharmacist now facilitating courses at the South African Theological Seminary
  4. Age: 59
  5. How long you've been using Logos Bible Software: since 2004
  6. Your most-used Logos resource (other than the Bible): AYB/ All regarding hermeneutics
  7. Your #1 use for Logos: Studies
  8. Favorite non-Logos pastime:
  9. Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who your are: Busy pursuing a MTh learning more about someone who knows everything about me

Bert Barnes

Acer Extensa, 4gig Ram, 160gig 5400 HD, Core 2 duo processor, WinXP

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:05 PM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Name: Alain Maashe
Where you call home (general or specific): Dallas, TX
How long you've been using Logos Bible Software: since 2002
Your most-used Logos resource (other than the Bible): I do not play favorites but I spend a lot of time with commentaries and dictionaries.
Your #1 use for Logos: Study
Favorite non-Logos pastime: listening to audiobooks.
Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who you are: Sci-Fi fan.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:07 PM
  1. Name:  David Wilson  (DaveJ)
  2. Where you call home (general or specific):  New Brunswick, Canada
  3. Occupation:  Engineer
  4. Age:  63
  5. How long you've been using Logos Bible Software:  Since 1996 (version 2)
  6. Your most-used Logos resource (other than the Bible):  CNTUOT:  Beale, G. K., & Carson, D. A. (2007). Commentary on the New Testament use of the Old Testament. Grand Rapids, MI; Nottingham, UK: Baker Academic; Apollos.
  7. Your #1 use for Logos:  Small Group Bible Study preparation and handouts   http:\\www.pnsj.ca
  8. Favorite non-Logos pastime:  Gardening
  9. Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who you are:  Traveller :

Posts 436
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:11 PM

Questions

1. Name: Adam Olean
  2. Where you call home (general or specific): Minnesota
  3. Occupation: student
  4. Age: 26
  5. How long you've been using Logos Bible Software: a little over half a year
  6. Your most-used Logos resource (other than the Bible): A couple of my most used resources are Daniel Wallace's grammar and the NET notes.
  7. Your #1 use for Logos: personal and academic study
  8. Favorite non-Logos pastime: reading
  9. Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who your are: Eating, sleeping, studying, and mowing (or shoveling in winter) consume most of my time.

Posts 2341
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:17 PM

Name: Allan R. Wentt, Jr.

Home: Glen Allen VA

Logos User: Since 2003

Most used resource: Webster's Collegiate Dictionary

Favorite pastime: Reading and watching sports esp. football and basketball

#1 use for Logos: Expanding my knowledge of the bible so that I may share my love of God's Word and His redemptive power through Jesus Christ with others.

Non-random facts: I'm a proud father of 5 (4 of which are in college) and grand-father to 1 who is graduating Thurs. from high school.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 28
Greg Dietrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:17 PM
  1. Gregory Dietrich
  2. Dunbar, WI
  3. Assistant Director Northland Graduate School
  4. 31
  5. 8 years on and off. Very stead since Logos 4
  6. IVP Essentials Dictionaries
  7. Academic Research
  8. Following Detroit Sports
  9. I love school and education. I have earned a BA, MA, MDIV, and am part way through with a DMIN. Once that is done, if the Lord allows, I'll start a Ph.D.

G. A. Dietrich

Christian, Husband, Professor, Lover of Great Books (In that order)

Posts 20
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:17 PM

Answers

1. Name: Paul Robbins
  2. Where you call home (general or specific): Casper, WY
  3. Occupation: Associate Pastor
  4. Age: 35
  5. How long you've been using Logos Bible Software: Initially since around 1997 when I found a copy at a local bible book store
  6. Your most-used Logos resource (other than the Bible): WBC, Baker Exegetical
  7. Your #1 use for Logos: lesson/sermon prep
  8. Favorite non-Logos pastime: Alabama football
  9. Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who your are: pre-ministry background is network administration

Posts 10
Dave Nisly | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:18 PM

1. Name: David Nisly
  2. Where you call home (general or specific): Manassas, VA
  3. Occupation: Pastor as well as CFO of non-profit organization
  4. Age: 45
  5. How long you've been using Logos Bible Software:1.5 years
  6. Your most-used Logos resource (other than the Bible): ??
  7. Your #1 use for Logos: sermon preparation
  8. Favorite non-Logos pastime: recreation with my family
  9. Random fact that gives others a glimpse into who your are: Married 20 years with three sons (17, 15, 10)

Page 5 of 40 (790 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS