SUGGESTION: NT Apocrypha 2 Volumes by Schneemelcher

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 18 2012 5:58 PM

There has to be an issue with the publisher on this.  How are these volumes not in Logos yet?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/066422721X/ref=ox_ya_os_product

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0664227228/ref=ox_ya_os_product

I have them in print and I much prefer them over Hone and James that I have in Logos.  Together they equal almost 1300 pages, which dwarfs Hone and James.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 26 2012 4:46 PM

I would be interested to hear from someone at Logos concerning these.  Surely these have been discussed at Logos?

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 182
David Sloan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:53 AM

I too am surprised we haven't seen these yet. No question this is a MUST for Logos. Waiting patiently ....

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 7 2013 12:04 PM

This came up in another thread, so I am resurrecting it!

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 7 2013 2:01 PM

I put a link to this thread in Request: Resources from Westminster John Knox Press. That will ensure Gabe sees it.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 7 2013 5:16 PM

Awesome, thanks!

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:25 PM

I would love to know why this has not been introduced in Pre-Pub.  There must be a problem with gaining the rights, as I can't imagine that this set would not sell quickly!

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 10:36 AM

Joseph Turner:

I would love to know why this has not been introduced in Pre-Pub.  There must be a problem with gaining the rights, as I can't imagine that this set would not sell quickly!

YesYes

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 11:12 AM

Denise:

I don't understand.  Are you saying that we should not have them because of the review?  The comments under his review clear up his confusion.

Posts 11174
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 12:25 PM

I'd have to get an answer from someone that actually has access to it.  The reply was a gimme.  I've no issue with Logos adding it; but I'd assume during pre-pub'ing, many would have the same question: exactly what's included.

Keep it mind the comment came from your reference.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 1:10 PM

The full tables of contents are in the links.  I also own the paper volumes, so I suggested them because I like them.  I added the links because they show the contents and the exact items I was talking about.

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 26 2015 10:05 AM

And again.

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 4:44 AM

I would still like to see these!

Posts 1553
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 5:10 AM

Yes

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 1585
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2016 5:27 AM

Yes

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 6:54 AM

I would also like to bring this one back around.  These are vital resources which cover different ground than any other collections of the noncanonical books related to the NT, including the new The New Testament Apocrypha: More Noncanonical Scriptures which are now available in Logos.  The two volumes are published by Westminster John Knox Press, with whom Logos already has a relationship.  They are the standard New Testament Apocrypha volumes.

Is there any chance we can look into getting these?

Posts 157
LogosEmployee
Mike Hanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 8:01 AM

Joseph Turner:

I would also like to bring this one back around.  These are vital resources which cover different ground than any other collections of the noncanonical books related to the NT, including the new The New Testament Apocrypha: More Noncanonical Scriptures which are now available in Logos.  The two volumes are published by Westminster John Knox Press, with whom Logos already has a relationship.  They are the standard New Testament Apocrypha volumes.

Is there any chance we can look into getting these?

Sorry there has been no response Joseph, I will see if we can get these into Logos.

Posts 677
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 8:56 AM

Thank you, Mike. I hope Logos can acquire these! Oh, and did I forget to say, "soon"?Smile

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 10:08 AM

Mike Hanes:
Sorry there has been no response Joseph, I will see if we can get these into Logos.

Thanks again, Mike!

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS