[resolved] Fonts Faithlife uninstalled in 6.3

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 39 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 12
Nick Bartol | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 7:46 AM

All,

I just downloaded Don Awalt's font collection and installed it as he recommended.  I had three duplicates.  All went well and my Excel word study files seem to be working as in the past.  Don has done us all a great service and deserves to be commended.  I am going to suggest to Bob Pritchet that he be given a substantial Logos gift certificate!

Ryan Gano's explanation of what the real cause of this difficulty was very insightful.  It turned out that my IP explanation was totally incorrect!  We users just do not have enough info to make good guesses.

Nick

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 11:12 AM

Glad it worked out for you Nick! It's just a little time saver.

Posts 3736
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 6:02 PM

Thanks!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 191
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 7:45 AM

For me, I've downloaded and installed, closed Logos (and Word) and reopened... and still when I open the Copy window it's in a funky Hebrew font instead of SBL Hebrew, and it copies into Word in Times New Roman instead of SBL Hebrew.

Posts 9069
LogosEmployee

Please use the "Download from SBL" link at https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/windows/missing-fonts to download the SBL Hebrew (and optionally, SBL Greek) font from SBL.

Posts 12
Nick Bartol | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 7:58 AM

Daniel,

I find your report baffling.  I tried copying a paragraph of BHS 4.2 (SBL Hebrew font displayed) in two ways.  1. selected text in the Logos pane, ^c, ^v into a word document and it came across as it has always in the past, in SBL Hebrew (which I checked by opening the paragraph, font dialogue).  2. by using the ^p copy pane and exporting it to a new word file.  That too worked.  I don't know what to say other than trying a reboot which should not be necessary.

Nick

Posts 191
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 8:02 AM

Because I'm doing it a third way, Nick! (c:

Thanks for going to all that trouble. Here's what I do:

I'm in the Word doc, I press Ctrl+Alt+B, bringing up the copy window, I enter Psalm 5:x (whatever), select AFAT or BHS (doesn't seem to matter. Right there, what displays in that window at that point, is not a font I've ever used.

Then when I click the Copy and Paste button, it pastes into my Word doc in Times New Roman, rather than SBL Hebrew.

Better?

Posts 12
Nick Bartol | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 8:15 AM

First, note that the e-mail version of your reply is different from the on line version!!! (Alt is missing in e-mail version).

When I tried it, the fonts worked fine for me.  Is there some system setting involved somewhere?

Posts 191
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 8:24 AM

Yes, I forgot the Alt and quickly returned and edited it in.

Well, it's changed for me. It never did this before. What system setting would account for that?

Only thing I haven't done since reinstalling the fonts is reboot, so I'll try that now. Let you know if it changes anything.

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 8:42 AM

I see it too, this is NOT a problem of uninstalled SBL fonts.

When I bring up BHS to Gen 2:19, then bring up CBV, the font is what Word reports as Arial - you will see how I know that in these screen shots. You can see in this first screen shot of CBV that it is clearly not a Hebrew font, yet I have SBL installed as you can see in BHS; look at the difference between the two fonts in this picture, it should be obvious something is wrong:

If I do copy and paste, it goes into Word as Arial, even when bringing up a blank Word document with a default font as Calibri. Note in this screen shot it pasted in and still shows the default Word document font as Calibri:

However that font is Arial, as you can see when I click into the text in this screen shot:

HOWEVER, if instead of Copy and Paste in CBV of the bad Arial font I just do Copy and then do a "Paste Options/Keep Source Formatting" from the right click context menu in Word , I get proper SBL Hebrew font, meaning Logos/Verbum is writing the proper font to the clip board (Windows 7):

And I do have SBL Hebrew font installed, as you can see here:

So the question is, why does CBV display in Arial, and why does Copy and Paste to Word use Arial font?

Posts 191
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 8:47 AM

Yep, Don, that font you're seeing in the right of the first screenshot is what I see in the copy window.

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 9:34 AM

Don Awalt:
When I bring up BHS to Gen 2:19, then bring up CBV, the font is what Word reports as Arial

Thanks for pointing this issue out. I've added it to our tracking system.

Posts 191
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 2 2015 12:24 PM

I wonder why it pastes into Don's as Arial with a default font of Calibri, and into mine as my default font of Times New Roman. Hmmm.

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 8 2015 4:11 PM

Ryan Gano:

Don Awalt:
When I bring up BHS to Gen 2:19, then bring up CBV, the font is what Word reports as Arial

Thanks for pointing this issue out. I've added it to our tracking system.

This should be fixed in 6.4 Beta 4. 

Automatically truncate long named documents in the visual filter dropdown and added hover over tooltip on Windows.

Posts 191
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 9 2015 8:55 AM

Thanks. If so, I hope it's released soon. It's a feature I use a lot.

Posts 1099
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2015 4:40 PM

I want to really thank you, but I still can't get these installed.  I don't know what I can be doing wrong.

Posts 1099
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2015 4:51 PM

I talked to Logos twice today,and it left me with a very bad taste in my mouth.  I couldn't get the fonts installed from the missing fonts page, but they said they couldn't help me.  I had to contact the fonts people directly.

Posts 1099
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2015 4:58 PM

I have spent way too much time trying to get fonts installed, and Logos won't help me.  They tell me to contact the font source.  I am very disappointed in Logos.

Posts 9069
LogosEmployee

Larry Craig:

I want to really thank you, but I still can't get these installed.  I don't know what I can be doing wrong.

What happens when you follow the font installation instructions? https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/windows/missing-fonts#instructions

Is there an error message? What does it say? Can you take a screenshot?

Posts 9069
LogosEmployee

Never mind; sounds like this is being taken care of: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/106383/736366.aspx#736366 

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS