Page 2 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 49 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 609
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2019 1:31 AM

Thank You! This is very nice work. Yes

Jesse 

Posts 286
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2019 2:56 AM

Excellent work - thanks for your labour of love for the community!

Just a little FYI - I believe Miscellaneous on P47 (and in the ToC) is incorrectly spelt.

Thanks again.

Posts 173
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2019 2:52 PM

Thanks for your comments Floyd, Jesse, and James.

Good catch James; my sMelling Checker isn't catching the headers. Fixed it (but didn't upload a new version of the manual for such a minor edit).

Floyd, I struggled with this question; I couldn't decide. BUT, because of your comment I went ahead and changed the cover on the post with all the download links (I used BUE v2-8w).

MANUAL (LOGOS VERSION) BOOK COVERS

PAISLEY  PAISLEY8  BLUEv1-8b  BLUEv1-8w  BLUEv2-8b  BLUEv2-8w  WHITEv1-8b  WHITEv1-8w  WHITEv2-8b  WHITEv2-8w

Which is your favorite?

Posts 9609
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2019 3:07 PM

Great work Scott. Thanks for sharing!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2816
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2019 5:42 AM

Thanks.   One comment on updating the file: You have Delete old file then add new one.  I always add the new one and then delete the old one.  That way if I get distracted before I add the new file the old file name is still there to remind me what I was doing before I got distracted.  Have recently modified the directory structure of my PBB library and found it useful to have the old file name there when I added the new one.  Then Delete before Build. [[JMHO]]   [The new file gets added as the last file on the list]

Posts 173
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2019 9:40 AM

David Ames:
 ... One comment on updating the file: You have Delete old file then add new one ... and found it useful to have the old file name there when I added the new one. Then Delete before Build. 

[SOLVED] PROBLEMS REBUILDING A BOOK WITH THE LOGOS PERSONAL BOOKS TOOL

This has been a tricky stinker for me as well. I've found that I have to do 2 things to ensure that rebuilding a book goes well:
1) Be connected to the internet
2) Close and reopen Logos before rebuilding a Personal Book

Regarding the Renaming of the source files, an alternative method for you David, may be:
1) Rename the old file (e.g. "logos-manual-20190725.docx")
2) Then put the newly downloaded updated version (i.e. logos-manual.docx) in the same directory the past version was in
3) Now, "BUILD BOOK" (you won't need to RIGHT-CLICK DELETE previous versions, nor will you need to "ADD FILE...")

I'll add these steps right into the manual.

Posts 173
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2019 10:07 AM

AN UPDATED MANUAL HAS BEEN POSTED

An updated manual has been posted in all three versions (i.e. PDF, WORD, LOGOS). The download links can be found here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/182780/1057673.aspx#1057673

You can also find 10 different Manual Covers (for the Logos Version) for download here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/182780/1057871.aspx#1057871

Here’s a screenshot of the updates (from the last page of the manual):

Posts 173
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 24 2021 5:19 PM

An updated manual has been posted in all three versions (i.e. PDF, WORD, LOGOS). The download links can be found here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/182780/1057673.aspx#1057673

You can also find 10 different Manual Covers (for the Logos Version) for download here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/182780/1057871.aspx#1057871

RECENT EDITS

• GUIDES & TOOLS section moved above SEARCH & FIND section
  • Added LIST OF GUIDES, TOOLS, & WORKFLOWS Section
  • Many minor edits & adjustments including fixing RED IN FILE CROSS REFERENCE HYPERLINKS
Posts 2196
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 24 2021 7:08 PM

Thanks, but this points to L8 manual.  is it an updated L8 manual? Is there an update for L9? 

Posts 188
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 24 2021 11:53 PM

Hi Scott

Tried to download the Logos version of the manualnbbut I'm getting the error mesage "Logos-manual docx can't be downloaded securely". Can you help please? Thanks so much.

Gerald

Posts 173
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2021 6:48 AM

Gerald Rodgers:
 Hi Scott Tried to download the Logos version of the manualnbbut I'm getting the error mesage "Logos-manual docx can't be downloaded securely". Can you help please? Thanks so much. Gerald 

Hi Gerald! Sorry for the trouble you're having. Perhaps try to:

Copy the link > Open a new browser tab > Paste the link > Enter

If that doesn't work, perhaps try the above, but in a private (incognito) window. If that doesn't work, please contact me and I'll just email the files to you.

Your Servant in Christ

Posts 173
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2021 6:50 AM

Mark:
 Thanks, but this points to L8 manual.  is it an updated L8 manual? Is there an update for L9? 

Hi Mark, To my knowledge, everything in the current manual should still be valid for Logos 9 (but, not everything will be valid for Logos 8 at this point). Also, although most of the manual is valid even if someone has the Free versions of Logos, there are some things in the manual -- that apply only to paid versions. I hope this is helpful.

Posts 173
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2021 7:01 AM

James Hudson:
 Excellent work - thanks for your labour of love for the community! Just a little FYI - I believe Miscellaneous on P47 (and in the ToC) is incorrectly spelt. Thanks again. 

Hi James! I seem to somehow have missed your post way back when. Thanks for this catch; it's fixed now.
Posts 35
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2021 8:30 AM

This is excellent Scott!  Thank  you so much for creating this!  I wish I would have noticed this sooner!!

Posts 2196
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2021 8:53 AM

Scott David:

Mark:

Hi Mark, To my knowledge, everything in the current manual should still be valid for Logos 9 (but, not everything will be valid for Logos 8 at this point). Also, although most of the manual is valid even if someone has the Free versions of Logos, there are some things in the manual -- that apply only to paid versions. I hope this is helpful.

Hi Scott

That helps a lot.  Thanks for your work on this.

Posts 173
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2021 8:58 AM

Thanks for your gracious comments Greg & Mark. I hope the manual is a blessing to you - and that it inspires deeper usage and learning of Logos.

Posts 173
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2021 1:50 PM

ADDITIONAL MANUAL BOOK COVERS (for LOGOS VERSION of manual)

BLUE-1          PAISLEY-1          WHITE-1

BLUE-2          PAISLEY-2          WHITE-2

Posts 173
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2021 2:03 PM

Mark:

Mark: I think I now understand why you made this statement. On the 1st page of the manual, there was an image of the word "LOGOS 8 BIBLE" -- but it was cropped to simply say "LOGOS". "LOGOS" is what showed up in the Word and PDF versions of the manual, but when imported into Logos as a Personal Book, it seems that cropped areas of images 'uncrop'. Interesting little bug. So I fixed that and if you download the newest versions of the manuals and import into Logos, that "8 BIBLE" should no longer be there:

Posts 173
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2021 8:54 PM

MAJOR UPDATE to LOGOS VERSION of the MANUAL

20210125 Edits (all 3 versions are updated -- but it affects the Logos Personal Book manual most significantly)

• CROSS REFERENCES – Rebuilt all cross-references (internal hyperlink) so cross-references now work in the Logos Version of the Manual
  • HEADING COLORS – Changed all Headings from BLUE to BURGANDY to differentiate from the HYPERLINKS (which Logos auto converts to blue upon Personal Book import).
  • TITLE PAGE LOGO – Changed Logo from “LOGOS 8” to “LOGOS”

The download links can be found here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/182780/1057673.aspx#1057673

You can also find Manual Covers (for the Logos Version) for download here:
https://community.logos.com/forums/p/182780/1057871.aspx#1057871
https://community.logos.com/forums/p/182780/1149830.aspx#1149830

Posts 1257
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2021 12:29 AM

Scott,

This is truly gold. Thanks for writing this. I am sure it will help many people.

Do you prefer that corrections and suggestions be sent via personal message?

Page 2 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS