Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 18
Leon Bible | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 25 2020 7:14 PM

I am a NEW Logos user coming from the WordSearch transition….

There is ONE WordSearch book that is NOW showing in Logos desktop:

DAKE TOPICS

PROBLEM – It ONLY shows topics from the book of Genesis!

Of course there are topics from the WHOLE Bible when you open it in WordSearch.

Is this something you are still working on.

HOPFULLY you will get the DAKE NOTES done quickly since I use it every day.

I think I am going to like Logos for many years to come.

Thanks
Leon Bible

Posts 10
Donald O. Ebert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2020 9:51 AM

When I began to seriously study the Bible back in 1973, all I had was my Dake's Study Bible.  Like Leon Bible, I can't wait for the Dake's resources to be fully integrated into Logos.

Posts 9069
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2020 10:39 AM

Leon Bible:
PROBLEM – It ONLY shows topics from the book of Genesis!

I see this problem. I've reported it to the Content team so we can make sure we bring the full content of the resource over.

Posts 18
Leon Bible | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2020 11:07 AM

THANKS so much!

Posts 15
Darnell L. Hope Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 8 2020 12:58 PM

I notice that my Dake's topic has the same problem, not all the contents.

Posts 9069
LogosEmployee

This resource hasn't been updated with the full content yet.

Posts 33
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 2:59 PM

It still isn't working: completely broken and useless! CS told me the issue is known, and Logos has no intentions of fixing it. 

Posts 32168
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 3:08 PM

Jeff Frazier:
CS told me the issue is known, and Logos has no intentions of fixing it. 

Sorry to be rude but I don't believe you because.... As was said by a Faithlife employee above, it has not yet been fully converted.

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

As Bradley is directly involved in the process, I would take his word for it. What is troublesome is why CS left you believing that there was no intention of fixing it. That is a serious issue for FL to review.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1507
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 3:25 PM

FWIW, the updated resource is scheduled to be delivered late-February.

Posts 33
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 3:28 PM

MJ. Smith:

Jeff Frazier:
CS told me the issue is known, and Logos has no intentions of fixing it. 

Sorry to be rude but I don't believe you because.... As was said by a Faithlife employee above, it has not yet been fully converted.

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

As Bradley is directly involved in the process, I would take his word for it. What is troublesome is why CS left you believing that there was no intention of fixing it. That is a serious issue for FL to review.

Your "rudeness" doesn't bother me. What does bother me is why you felt the need to engage in this conversation at all. Do you work for Logos? If not, why waste your precious time defending them against anyone who dares to raise an issue? You've done nothing but waste my time and make Logos look like a group of elitists whose software is some fine wine to be enjoyed only by the privileged few who are cultured enough to appreciate it. I also don't care whether or not you believe me because I certainly can't believe you.

Posts 33
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 3:28 PM

Thank you! I hope so.

Posts 5201
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 7:56 PM

Jeff Frazier:
Do you work for Logos?

No, she doesn't. (Neither do I.) People who work for Faithlife (which was called Logos Bible Software until late 2014), like Bradley and Kyle, get that green fire logo under their names.

Posts 666
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2021 9:42 AM

Jeff Frazier:

It still isn't working: completely broken and useless! CS told me the issue is known, and Logos has no intentions of fixing it. 

Jeff, I have reviewed the notes from your call to Customer Support.  The notes make it obvious that the employee was trying to convey to you that we were going to produce an improved version of this resource, but they were not sure how soon it would be available.

Sometimes our words fail to convey what we mean.  Sometimes we misspeak without realizing it.  Obviously the communication was not as clear as it should have been.  But the employee did not mean to convey that the resource would never be improved.

Please accept my apologies. We'll try to do better next time.

Posts 33
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2021 7:14 PM

Joe McCune said: "Jeff, I have reviewed the notes from your call to Customer Support.  The notes make it obvious that the employee was trying to convey to you that we were going to produce an improved version of this resource, but they were not sure how soon it would be available.

Sometimes our words fail to convey what we mean.  Sometimes we misspeak without realizing it.  Obviously the communication was not as clear as it should have been.  But the employee did not mean to convey that the resource would never be improved.

Please accept my apologies. We'll try to do better next time."

I never said that the employee with whom I spoke said that. I am saying that Logos has no intentions of fixing it, thus the comma before "and." That call and this forum are both months old now, so I have little hope at this point of it ever being fixed or my other broken resources.

Your apology is noted, but sorry doesn't fix anything. What you should've done instead, after reviewing my notes, was determine a timeline for fixing the issue rather than trying to make me out to look like a liar or a dolt. Ironically, you made yourself look silly by failing to remember what we were all taught in third-grade English.

Posts 5201
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2021 7:32 PM

Jeff Frazier:
Ironically, you made yourself look silly by failing to remember what we were all taught in third-grade English.

I think he preferred to choose the possibility that you were misusing a comma over the possibility that you were asserting that his coworkers are liars.

Posts 33
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2021 7:50 PM

I wasn't the one misusing a comma. Commas go before conjuctions when they are separating two independent clauses. The exception to that rule is to omit the comma if both clauses convey the actions of the introductory clause. Moreover, I stated that CS did promise that Logos was going to fix the problem, in another forum. 

Posts 19205
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2021 9:36 PM

Jeff Frazier:
... determine a timeline for fixing the issue ...

In Nov 2005, Logos Blog publicly announced confidence about Logos for Mac version 1 shipping by June 2006, but initial public release of Logos for Mac 1 shipped in Dec 2008 (almost 2.5 years later than announced confident timeline prediction, which was disappointing to anxiously waiting Mac users). Ongoing effect is Faithlife usually does not share internal timeline estimates for customer delivery.

Thankful for Faithlife employee reply earlier in this thread: (thus hoping for Logos Research Edition delivery of Dake's topics next month)

Nine years ago, creating a Personal Book Bible => American Standard Version 1901 - Personal Bible without Chapter and Verse #'s having Bible fields, milestones, and red letter helped me greatly appreciate tagging and typographical accuracy in Logos Research Edition resources (especially Bibles). Thankful for later Logos version having Visual Filter to hide chapter and verse numbers, which is usable in most Bibles. Thankful for Faithlife now having ASV Bible NT Reverse Interlinear and ASV Bible OT Reverse Interlinear for 1901 American Standard Version (ASV)

FWIW: hardcopy Dake's study Bible is a bit bigger than most printed study Bibles, but substantially smaller than thousands of commentary resources available for Logos & Verbum. My primary commentary set is UBS Translation handbooks => UBS Handbooks Series: Old Testament, New Testament, and Deuterocanonical Books (66 vols.) Logos Wiki Logos Resource Reviews includes UBS New Testament Handbook Series and UBS Old Testament Handbook Series

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2834
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2021 1:06 AM

Jeff Frazier:
What you should've done instead, after reviewing my notes, was determine a timeline for fixing the issue rather than trying to make me out to look like a liar or a dolt.

Kyle G. Anderson:

A timeline of fixing the problem has been given by Kyle another Logos Employee.

Kind regards

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 32168
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2021 2:04 AM

Jeff Frazier:
I am saying that Logos has no intentions of fixing it, thus the comma before "and." That call and this forum are both months old now, so I have little hope at this point of it ever being fixed or my other broken resources.

I know you've said you don't believe me, but I assume you are aware that Faithlife has made it possible to check the status or resources and see the progress that is being made? Status of your Wordsearch Library - Faithlife Forums (logos.com)

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1
Tim Pace | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2021 2:26 PM

Hey Jeff 

Don't be a jerk. Nobody wants to be bullied and that's the way you sound to me. But of course, I could be wrong like everyone else.

Have a great day

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS