Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Dnieper Vega | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 24 2016 4:41 PM

Are there plans for the new Adventist commentary to be added to Logos? I would like to have it electronically since its easier for research.

Posts 6438
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2016 6:01 AM

Add my vote to the list.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 250
Edwin Sully PAYET | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2016 6:00 AM

Except the commentary on the book of Genesis by Dr Doukhan, are there other commentaries available already?

Posts 203
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2016 9:02 AM

I've only seen Genesis.

I hope it can be released on Logos volume by volume instead of having to wait to 2020 or beyond (since it seems that the church likes it to be exclusively at the ABCs first)

Posts 191
Rev. 14:6 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2016 10:33 AM

I would like it as well and would not like to wait till 2020.

By the way, I wonder what is going on that nobody posts in the SDA products much anymore? I don't even hear from Martin anylonger.

Posts 2132
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2016 3:44 AM

Rev. 14:6:

By the way, I wonder what is going on that nobody posts in the SDA products much anymore? I don't even hear from Martin anylonger.

SDA Starter has 225 resources and we are all reading them cover to cover and thus do not have time to post.  

Posts 153
Reimar Vetne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2016 8:05 AM

The first volume out in the series, Genesis by Dr. Jacques Doukhan, is really good. It is clear that he brings a lifetime of reflections on Genesis to this commentary. It might take a while before it gets into Logos, so you guys might want to buy it in print in the mean time.

Posts 2
Dnieper Vega | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2016 10:19 AM

I agree, it is a really good source! Why do you think it is going to take a while to have the volume in Logos?

Posts 153
Reimar Vetne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 1 2017 2:01 PM

Dnieper Vega:
I agree, it is a really good source! Why do you think it is going to take a while to have the volume in Logos?
Dnieper, I don't have any insider insights, just my personal guess. Logos pre-pubs in general have become a lot slower after the staff reduction earlier, and SDA pre-pubs particularly seem to have slowed down almost to a halt. But I certainly hope and expect that the Genesis volume will be published before the entire commentary series is done (which is many years into the future).

Posts 1
Jason Insalaco | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 5 2017 3:11 PM

no this is the teaser the are due in 2020

Posts 895
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 15 2017 5:17 AM

Jason, I would like to agree with you but Commentary sets are notorious for being late in coming out after (sometimes well after) the due date. Many things can happen to delay the process including (sadly)  the death of the writer(s). I would take Reimar's suggestion to consider buying print versions seriously.   

Posts 2614
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 15 2017 6:04 AM

Reimar Vetne:

The first volume out in the series, Genesis by Dr. Jacques Doukhan, is really good. It is clear that he brings a lifetime of reflections on Genesis to this commentary. It might take a while before it gets into Logos, so you guys might want to buy it in print in the mean time.

What a shame, I was hoping it would be available on Amazon UK but it is not. I would like to read how SDA interpreted certain passages in Genesis.

Is this book available in the UK?

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 895
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 19 2017 4:51 AM

Ted, At my time of life I am having to go electronic for soon downsizing so share your feelings.

The USA publishing house ( http://www.adventistbookcenter.com/sda-international-bible-commentary-genesis.html  ) might well refer the order to the UK publishing house however.  This is the book that you want NOT the old commentary set that was only a set of 7 volumes for both OT & NT. .

Try the UK publishing house email at sales@stanboroughpress.org.uk tel 01476591700  Stanborough Press Ltd., Alma Park, Grantham, Lincs., NG31 9SL. Open Monday to Thursday. Specify the new commentary Genesis volume by Jacques B. Doukhan. They should be helpful at finding out how long it will take to get it across the pond but establish a price first especially with the fluctuating pound. 

Logos take note that people are interested!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS