Is Logos 8 coming out soon?

Page 5 of 6 (120 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 119 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 10106
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2018 7:20 PM

doc:

... then in the meantime to fill the gap FL will continue to offer sales in order to keep up their cashflow and form time to time in those sales we'll all pick up something of interest. ...

Yes! In fact, just forget Logos 8, and offer more great sales. The expansions are hard to say no to.

Or even better, offer Logos5 ... that was a really good one. Fast and fat-free.

Posts 4903
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2018 10:08 PM

Denise:
Or even better, offer Logos5 ... that was a really good one. Fast and fat-free.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2018 10:32 PM

David Paul:

My hope is that when it does come out, there will be a significant restructuring of the base packages, particularly at the upper tiers...I want Diamond, Portfolio, and Collector's to be chock full of new titles (i.e. things that have never been in base packages before). Last time CE7 had the Eerdmans Reference Bundle...it would be great if a comparable bundle from Baker, IVP, Fortress Press, or some other publisher were included--more than one would be even better. As a previous CE purchaser (x2) here, new quality titles will be the key to my "adoption".

Since I have the majority of Logos's multi-volume commentaries at present (as most previous CE purchasers will), L8 CE will need to include something more exotic, like the Brill LXX commentary, New Interpreter's, Sacra Pagina, Navarre, Moffat's, Berit Olam, Brazos, Concordia, Baylor, Paideia, and/or maybe even Smyth & Helwys. Something oddball like the Church of God Digital Library, or the Ugaritic Baal commentary would be a nice surprise.

Another commentary that would make CE (or other bundles) attractive: Apollos OT Commentary.

Posts 49
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2018 4:05 AM

David Paul:
Another commentary that would make CE (or other bundles) attractive: Apollos OT Commentary.

Yes

Posts 671
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 11:45 AM

While talking with a Faithlife employee, he asked if I had any other questions. I asked when is Logos 8 coming out? He said " We're working on it."

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 12:21 PM

Dale E Heath:

While talking with a Faithlife employee, he asked if I had any other questions. I asked when is Logos 8 coming out? He said " We're working on it."

Yes

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 105
pk47 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 2:39 PM

There are no books shipping between the 23rd and the 31st of October. Could it be that Logos 8 is coming out between then? I don't know, but I hope so. 

Posts 4903
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 3:13 PM

pk47:

There are no books shipping between the 23rd and the 31st of October. Could it be that Logos 8 is coming out between then? I don't know, but I hope so. 

From what has been said recently the new notes system is not ready. Why would you want Logos 8 released if this is case and the software is not ready? i don’t get all the hype about a software release.

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 3:15 PM

doc:

pk47:

From what has been said recently the new notes system is not ready. Why would you want Logos 8 released if this is case and the software is not ready? i don’t get all the hype about a software release.

The hype is because you never know what good tools Logos is going to come out with to take us deeper into the Word.

How to upload logs

Posts 4903
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 3:30 PM

Good things come to those who wait, I don’t get why people want a premature release of software. It’s like kids who can’t wait till Christmas Day and ask their parents if they can unwrap one now.

David Taylor Jr:

doc:

pk47:

The hype is because you never know what good tools Logos is going to come out with to take us deeper into the Word.

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 3:44 PM

doc:

Good things come to those who wait, I don’t get why people want a premature release of software. It’s like kids who can’t wait till Christmas Day and ask their parents if they can unwrap one now.

David Taylor Jr:

doc:

pk47:

Agreed

How to upload logs

Posts 13341
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 4:23 PM

Logos 4 released on Monday, 2 November 2009.

Logos 5 released on Thursday, 1 November 2012.

Logos 6 released on Tuesday, 28 October 2014.

Then Logos 7 surprised us by releasing on Wednesday 24 August 2016.

What do those dates all have in common? I was on holiday every time, usually without WiFi!

Posts 26244
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 4:29 PM

Mark Barnes:
I was on holiday every time, usually without WiFi!

Okay, Mark, out with it - when are you next on vacation without WiFi?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2993
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 4:30 PM

MJ. Smith:

Mark Barnes:
I was on holiday every time, usually without WiFi!

Cool haha!

How to upload logs

Posts 13341
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 4:34 PM

MJ. Smith:

We're actually going away on Monday for ten days — but we'll have WiFi this time!

Posts 4903
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 5:50 PM

Mark Barnes:

What do those dates all have in common? I was on holiday every time, usually without WiFi!

Smile

So were those holidays booked in purposefully for when you had finished private beta testing of each version ?

Posts 13341
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 6:18 PM

If I’d have known Logos was going to be released I would have made sure I had decent internet access so I wouldn’t miss the fun! But it’s our wedding anniversary at the end of October and for some reason my wife thinks getting away from the internet is a good way to celebrate!

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 6:28 PM

doc:

Mark Barnes:

Smile

So were those holidays booked in purposefully for when you had finished private beta testing of each version ?

Big SmileBig Smile

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 105
pk47 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 7:34 PM

Doc, I don't care much for the software, I have the beta and am more than content with the new notes. My main desire for Logos 8 is access to new packages. I've put off buying anything in Logos the past several months, mainly in anticipation of Logos 8. Hopefully, I can resume spending soon  ;)

Posts 671
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 7:39 PM

Mark Barnes:

We're actually going away on Monday for ten days — but we'll have WiFi this time!

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are already used, so it has to be a Friday at the end of October or the beginning of November.

That makes it October 26 or November 2. With Mark being gone on Oct. 26, but back on Nov. 2, that makes Oct. 26 a 99.99% sure thing.

Page 5 of 6 (120 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS