PB macros for Word 2010 & 2007

Page 2 of 6 (107 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 106 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 2740
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2011 2:05 AM

Excellent tool Steve. Thank you very much. Yes

As I am trying to use it in my Office 2010 it always changes the format of the reference. Am I doing something wrong? How to use those macros and keep the formatting of the reference I want to put tags to? To get back to the original formatting of the reference I have to hit UNDO icon.

Bohuslav

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2011 7:28 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
As I am trying to use it in my Office 2010 it always changes the format of the reference.

When you say format i am guessing that you mean Style (at least that is what Word calls it in the English version; i have seen it call other things in a different language version of Word).

i found that the PB compiler often fails when 2 Styles are mixed in a single tag. So each of the macros assigns a new Style which is generated by a hidden part of my macro system PB No Format. After you have entered a tag via the macro, you can change PB No Format style and it will change all other macro inserted text to that style and Word will remember the new format for that style in your Word document.

1. This is the default style that the macros build and use.

2. After inserting this macro tag, i have selected all its text. Then i changed the Font & size (you can change other characteristics as well if you want). Notice that Word created a new alternate style based on PB No Format.

3. If you select the text of your alternate version...

4. Then right-click on the original PB No Format style, a pop-up menu appears. Now if you click on Update PB No Format to Match Selection

5. Word will change the original PB No Format style to match your adjusted style and Word will change all macro text that you have in your document to be just like your adjusted style. Further more any new macro text that you enter into your document will always match this style with changes that you made. Notice that the altered style name went away, PB No Format was changed to match your altered style.

EDIT:

Here is an example of mixed formatting in a tag

1. Notice that i have made the verse number BOLD and did nothing else to the rest of the tag.

2. And here i made the whole tag BOLD. (so that there is a single style added to the whole tag)

3. Now after making a PB we see that L4 ignored our PB tagging when the styles were mixed.

4. But L4 accepted our single formatted tag and it also made our verse number BOLD.

This is what i meant when PB does not like mixed styles within a tag. And this is why i added the new Style in my macros. In the first part of this where i showed you how to alter the style, i forgot to mention that you also can individually alter a tag and not follow steps to make all tags like it, yes you will have alternates for the PB No Format, but that will not cause you any problems.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 2740
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2011 12:33 PM

Thank you Steve for a very thorough answer to my question. You did a great job with this macros. Thank you so much.

Bohuslav

Posts 22227
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2011 3:31 AM

Hi Steve

I have been trying to get this working in Office 2007 and failing.

I needed to follow a different path to get the template document in the template area (commands seem to be different) but I was able to do this.

If I use the Developer menu I can attach your template

but I can't see any of the macros

any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks, Graham

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2011 5:07 AM

Graham Criddle:
any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

but I can't see any of the macros

Graham,

You have successfully linked the macros to your word doc by opening that window & checking the macro file.

But to see the macros you will need to do the following from within the word doc

(Below is an image for word 2007 that i got off the net, if you follow the 3 steps in the image a window will pop-up which shows my macros. From within that window you can select one in the window and then press the Run button.)

After you do this a couple of times learning how to run different macros, you will want to assign the macros to different buttons which will allow you to reduce the steps from 5 to 1. You will want to assign each macro to a new button and rename each individual macro button. Below are a couple of websites which can help you in this process: (i don't have 2007. these sites may talk about recording a macro, but if you skip down a little they also tell how to assign a macro to a button which will show up in your toolbar)

http://www.uwec.edu/help/Word07/AUTO-maccreate.htm

http://www.fgcu.edu/support/office2007/word/macros.asp

In the future when you start a new PB docx file if you start it based on the macro file template then it should automatically add my macro file to your document. Otherwise you will need to do as you have done with the images you showed in your post.

One other note, i noticed by the template filename that you are using the older version which contains fewer macros. Below is a link to a later Reply where i updated the macros to a different filename. You will probably want to delete the current macro file and add the new one inside the zip file, there are instruction in a PDF inside the zip.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/37157/278945.aspx#278945

(i will be leaving town for the day in a few minutes and will return in about 10 hours, so if you have other questions leave a reply and i will check it this evening)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2011 5:19 AM

OH wow!! thank you so very much for this!!!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 22227
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2011 5:58 AM

Thanks Steve

steve clark:
(Below is an image for word 2007 that i got off the net, if you follow the 3 steps in the image a window will pop-up which shows my macros. From within that window you can select one in the window and then press the Run button.)

The problem is when I follow those steps I get a blank box

steve clark:

One other note, i noticed by the template filename that you are using the older version which contains fewer macros. Below is a link to a later Reply where i updated the macros to a different filename. You will probably want to delete the current macro file and add the new one inside the zip file, there are instruction in a PDF inside the zip.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/37157/278945.aspx#278945

I thought the one at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/37157/279410.aspx#279410 was more recent - this is the one I took

Any thoughts appreciated

Graham

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2011 3:55 PM

Graham Criddle:
I thought the one at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/37157/279410.aspx#279410 was more recent - this is the one I took

You are RIGHT, i was in a hurry this morning before leaving the house.

But there still seems to be a problem with the macro file that you have, the one in your window shows this filename

And the one in the zip (the one you showed that was RIGHT) shows this filename

So i am guessing this is your problem. You have one of the early macro files in which i did not save the macros in the correct place (e.g. i saved them at first in Normal instead of under the template filename area in VB Editor). This is exactly what i would expect to happen. So i would advise deleting the template file L4_PB Template.dotm from your template folder. Then extract the newer template file L4_PB Macros.dotm from the Zip and placing it in your template folder. Next you will need to:

1. Use the Developer Tab to open the window Templates and Add-ins as you first showed.
  2. Then remove the old filename L4_PB Template.dotm by clicking the Remove button
  3. Then use the Add button to find the newer macro file L4_PB Macros.dotm which you extracted from the zip file.
  4. Then make sure that it is checked in the window.
  5. Then close that window.
  6. Then you should be able to click the View tab and click on Macros and click on View Macros and see the macros.

Posts 22227
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 12:06 AM

Hi Steve

Many thanks for that - it worked.

I also found out that I was putting the template file in the wrong place - I was putting it in C:\Program Files\...\Office\Templates as opposed to the template area in my profile!

Really appreciate your support

Graham

Posts 170
NYSERVANT | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2011 11:45 PM

Does anyone know if I am able to use these macros in Libre Office?  Or do you know if someone else has created macros or some sort of add on for Libre Office in making PBB's.  If I knew what I was doing I'd be willing to do it.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2011 1:12 AM

NYSERVANT:

Does anyone know if I am able to use these macros in Libre Office?

Suspect answer is No; LibreOffice help includes macro section => http://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Using_Microsoft_Office_and

NYSERVANT:
If I knew what I was doing I'd be willing to do it.

LibreOffice macro introduction => http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/380813-introduction-to-openoffice-macros

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 152
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2011 8:33 PM

If you know how to code or write macros for automation of the creation of Personal Books, but utilize this coding in other programs such as OpenOffice, Libre Office, Google Docs, whatever... you can write the macros for the automation in those programs, save the completed and formatted document as a .doc, and then open it in Office 2007/2010 to save as a .docx

This is what I have been doing since I have formatting macros that only work in Office 2003.

Posts 886
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2011 3:32 AM

Mike S.:
Bad news: Office for Mac 2011 does not support adding or editing ribbon content, only customizing" (i.e. show/hide)

So, will it work in Office for Mac 2011? How functional is it?

Thanks.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2011 6:30 AM

Thanks! I've been eying this and finally got around to installing it.

Posts 294
Debra W Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2011 7:13 AM

Thanks for making this available to all!

Lenovo P72: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-core, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 1TB Sata SSD, 17.3" FHD 1920x1080, NVIDIA Quadro P600 4GB, Win 10 Pro

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2011 7:46 AM

Kolen Cheung:

Mike S.:
Bad news: Office for Mac 2011 does not support adding or editing ribbon content, only customizing" (i.e. show/hide)

So, will it work in Office for Mac 2011? How functional is it?

Thanks.

The core functions all work, the verse selector does not work, but could likely be updated to make it work just fine. 

As a related note, while I cannot get the macros to show up in a custom or existing ribbon, I do have a custom floating toolbar that works just fine with all the relevant macros. If anyone needs details beyond what Steve has already posted, please post and I'll respond. 

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2011 5:13 AM

Let me once again say that these macros have been awesome. They keep me from having to remember the exact format and work great!

I just discovered how to assign a keyboard shortcut to the macros making them even easier to apply. Go to customize the ribbon, Lower left click on Keyboard shortcuts, select "Macros" on the Left and on the right select your macro. Put the cursor in "select Keyboard shortcut". Press the keys you want to use as your shortcut.

Posts 166
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2011 8:55 AM

Hi Steve

Thanks again for the macros etc. Have run into one problem with a macro security message in Word 2010. Says the macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your macro security settings. Have checked in Word 2010 & all my macro settings in Options/Trust Centre\trust centre settings are enabled. Is there something I'm missing here? Kind regards, Gerald

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 18 2011 2:04 PM

Gerald Rodgers:
Have run into one problem with a macro security message in Word 2010.

Please check your email.

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 18 2011 8:35 AM

steve clark:

i have added another macro to the set of macros, HyperLink L4Filename. i used it while making a PB with all my document links (see this post).

If you already have added my macros earlier you will need to follow the steps in the attached PDF Adding the macros to Word again to: add the macro & add the new Tab. Also the Macro Information PDF has been updated which tells you how to use it.

EDIT (updated for URL fix earlier too) 1104.L4_PB_Macro.zip

Thank you so much Steve! 

I first saw this when you first started posting ... but didn't have Word 2010.  I finally purchased it and added your macros!

WOW... thank you so much for sharing your talents!

Geeked

Every Blessing to you and your household of faith!

Page 2 of 6 (107 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS