Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 23 of 38 (741 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last »
This post has 740 Replies | 44 Followers

Posts 2046
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2020 6:03 AM

Paul Watson:

Dark mode, the text turns white and the screen back ground goes black... easier on the eyes when your reading in the dark at 2am

Yes, please!

Posts 2046
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2020 6:04 AM

Paul Watson:

I almost always use google to search for verses, from the partial phrase that I can remember... it is way faster and you can be a lot sloppier with what you input and still google will usually come back with the right chapter and verse citation

I also

Posts 104
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2020 8:38 AM

Mark:

Paul Watson:

I almost always use google to search for verses, from the partial phrase that I can remember... it is way faster and you can be a lot sloppier with what you input and still google will usually come back with the right chapter and verse citation

I also

Didn't want to say anything, but me too. 

Posts 914
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2020 8:40 AM

Lee Gordon:

Mark:

Paul Watson:

I also

Me too

Posts 5
Luis F. Sanmiguel A. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2020 4:40 PM

El editor de dispositivas es pésimo, deben hacer una conexión con Power Point  o integralo con sofware externo de diseño como Illustrator de Adobe.

Posts 2042
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2020 9:49 PM

Larry Craig:

Hi Nathan

Just looking over your suggestions, I think you should probably be a little more specific. If I was at Logos, I wouldn't know a lot of the time exactly what I would do to help here.

Get more out of your books.  What are you looking for?  Some people have suggested adding author's names and series titles.  More premade collections to add to existing guides.  

Bible study tips.  There is a Facebook site for that already.  Don't worry about what Logos staff people do.  They have fulltime jobs doing other things.  Ask the people who prepare sermons and teach for a living how they use Logos.  It's Logos Bible Tips and Tricks.

Enhance features.  Like what?

The more specific you can be, the more likely I think you might see what you want.  

But then I don't work for them.  I'm hoping for a lot of things too.

Larry

Thanks for the followup. Some of what I'm suggesting is open-ended (I just hit the high points, and I'm giving the creatives at Logos a chance to think through them on specifics and surprise me). 

In terms of getting more out of my books, anything Logos can do to surface books in my library I may not be using enough so I'm getting more out of my large library would work for me. Whether that's more book suggestions on the home page, possibly surfacing books in the guides and putting taglines next to books I haven't opened in a while suggesting I take a look at them, premade collections, etc. 

I do enjoy hearing from actual Logos users as well (and integrating more of that into Logos would be nice, maybe a Logos Bible Tips and Tricks Faithlife group with videos and posts from Logos users would be good). The reason I also care about hearing from Logos staff members is not to detract from their full-time jobs, but I like knowing they're a user of the product as well. I work in software training and support for a major weather company, and when I put together tutorials and webinars, I go beyond just throwing out the features and giving customers enough to show how to impress people at a office Christmas party. I show our customers how I personally use the program in a day-to-day workflow, and I show customers I am as much of a daily user of the product as they are. It's made a world of difference in our sales, marketing, and support. When customers know your sales, marketing, support, and management are actively using the product, it gives the customer the confidence to use the product themselves. 

In terms of existing features, Theology Guide is off to a good start. Possibly integrating Biblical and Historical Theology into the guide would be good (links to resources, theological topics from those fields, etc). In terms of Notes and the Home Page, I don't have anything specific there, but I know other customers had plenty to say about these major changes, so incorporating their feedback would be good. Overall I'm enjoying Workflows. Some clarity on when to use Guides vs Workflows would be good (I understand it, but new customers may not), and additional workflows for theological studies would be nice (even though I've created my own). Canvas is off to a good start, but export options could be enhanced, and maybe some Canvas templates for those really new to Canvas would be good.

Nathan Parker

Posts 814
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 12:29 PM

Armin:

Lee Gordon:

Mark:

Paul Watson:

I also

Me too

Mark, Lee Gordon, Armin: can you provide some more information on this? 

• Are you comparing Google to Fuzzy Bible Search? (Basic Search, select Search Everything, enter a phrase: see screenshot below) Or are you searching some other way? 
  • If so, do you prefer Google because the results better match what you expect? 
  • If so, can you provide some specific examples where you think Google provides better results? 

(While we don't have Google's resources, we're always looking for ways to improve our performance)

Posts 6639
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 12:34 PM

Sean. Please, Please, Please. Develop a simple reader (can be expanded later) to read Logos books on mobile devices. The current ios screen reader just does not cut it.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 814
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 12:46 PM

Lynden Williams:

Sean. Please, Please, Please. Develop a simple reader (can be expanded later) to read Logos books on mobile devices. The current ios screen reader just does not cut it.

Thanks for your feedback Lynden. Can you provide more details as to why the current iOS app doesn't work well for you, and what features you wish it had? By "screen reader" I assume you mean reading books aloud? Logos on iOS only provides that for certain Bibles through a special audio edition (see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/169143.aspx).

Posts 6639
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 12:50 PM

Sean Boisen:
Thanks for your feedback Lynden. Can you provide more details as to why the current iOS app doesn't work well for you, and what features you wish it had? By "screen reader" I assume you mean reading books aloud? Logos on iOS only provides that for certain Bibles through a special audio edition (see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/169143.aspx).

Something that just reads the contents of the resources. Similar to what we have on the Desktop version of Logos.

1. Open a resource in Logos.
  2. CTRL + R
  3. The software reads the resource, using the default reader in Windows.

I will be satisfied with just that. A reader that can recognize words and pronounce them. Like to listen to resources while driving etc..

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 814
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 1:26 PM

Thanks for confirming Lynden. It's definitely on our list of additional features for Mobile. I agree that listening to resources on mobile is an important use case (i do it all the time while gardening). 

Posts 104
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 1:29 PM

Sean Boisen:

Mark, Lee Gordon, Armin: can you provide some more information on this? 

• Are you comparing Google to Fuzzy Bible Search? (Basic Search, select Search Everything, enter a phrase: see screenshot below) Or are you searching some other way? 
  • If so, do you prefer Google because the results better match what you expect? 
  • If so, can you provide some specific examples where you think Google provides better results? 

(While we don't have Google's resources, we're always looking for ways to improve our performance)

Greetings Sean,

For example, I want to look up the verse about a demon leaping on a man:

Now the same search with Logos:

Now, the same search in logos with NASB, which has the word "leaped" right in the text:

Google gave the verse I wanted. It wasn't even included in the Logos results.

Now, let's see what "all bibles" will bring up:

There were 79 hits on this result, and none of the first page results was the one I was looking for. Further, the whole system locked up and I couldn't even scroll to see the rest of the results, because it was so laggy. It's as if it only even considered the words "man" and "demon", and ignored the rest of the search. After waiting 5 minutes, Logos never stabilized, and I was never able to review all the results in the "all Bible" category, because there was just no option to scroll down, and the program became completely unresponsive to any page down, or arrow down scroll options, and there was no scroll bar available. Sometimes you can get the answer you want, sometimes not. Google almost always nails it the first time. 

Potential improvements may include giving weight to more than the first two words (perhaps extra weight to verbs). Something needs to be done about the freezing and lag issue too. I can almost always get an immediate answer from Google that nails what I was looking for, but with Logos, it's kind of hit and miss, so I just use Google. 

Posts 814
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 2:30 PM

Thanks Lee: let's follow up in a new thread to avoid hijacking this one. (Mark and Armin as well)

Please post follow-up discussion at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/189992/1095358.aspx#1095358

Posts 2042
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 7:55 PM

One other thing that came to mind, although this is too involved for Logos 9 (it'd likely take Logos a couple of years to research it, so maybe Logos 10 feedback).

It would be interesting if Logos could implement some form of ML technology into Logos that would allow Logos to learn how its users use Logos for their daily activities, causing Logos to become intelligent at surfacing the tools and resources we need when we need them. I'm not 100% up-to-speed on ML, but Apple has published info on it in journals, plus Logos could consult with some ML researchers on it.

ML could be tied into the Faithlife Assistant to increase the usefulness of the Assistant, possibly allowing the Assistant to be proactive and contextual in surfacing what we need when we need it (the way Siri and other assistants are slowing adding).

Logos could add privacy controls to it to decide if ML should be done completely on device, stored in-cloud so it can sync between personal-use Logos apps, or add an opt-in where anonymous ML data could be shared with Faithlife to improve the overall ML engine.

If Logos could get to the point where like a good research assistant, it can learn how I work and surface the tools and resources I need when I need them, and even proactively and contextually do it, that would be huge.

Likely something that would be post-Logos 9, but nonetheless fantastic.

Nathan Parker

Posts 29582
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 8:16 PM

Nathan Parker:
It would be interesting if Logos could implement some form of ML technology

I may be incorrect but I thought machine learning technology was used to build some of the indexing that we have in L8 ii.e. Ancient Language Grammar  Cross-References, Biblical Theology Cross-References, Confesional Documents Cross-References ... or did you mean something else by ML?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2042
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 9:06 PM

MJ. Smith:

Nathan Parker:
It would be interesting if Logos could implement some form of ML technology

I may be incorrect but I thought machine learning technology was used to build some of the indexing that we have in L8 ii.e. Ancient Language Grammar  Cross-References, Biblical Theology Cross-References, Confesional Documents Cross-References ... or did you mean something else by ML?

That's interesting and good to see Logos already putting it to use. 

I was referring to also applying it to the Faithlife Assistant plus use it to learn from the user's work habits to surface the needed tools/resources proactively when users need certain tools and resources. One possible way would be for Logos to offer layouts of resources that incorporate the tools/resources needed at different times. These layouts would be automatically be built and offered using the results of ML learning the user's working habits, and the user could tweak them and permanently save them as a layout. This could also be used when recommending collections users are creating.

Nathan Parker

Posts 2042
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 9:07 PM

I'm kind of thinking out loud and dumping my thoughts here, so as I think up more, I may expand it. :-)

Nathan Parker

Posts 91
Karl Fritz Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2020 3:52 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

• What improvements should we make to existing features?

This may have been said already, but this wishlist is a bit unwieldy at this point.  But what about:

Bringing uniformity to the look, feel, and functionality of all resource panels, specifically with the sidebar.

• That hamburger icon vs. double arrow (>>) icon.
  • collapsable sections of facets/filters
  • searchable facets/filters (this is the best part!)

I love, for instance, the way library and bible browser panels look and work.  More than a few other resources and interactives have a dated and more cumbersome feel.

Posts 895
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2020 6:34 AM

Steve Ingino gave an online tutorial on Logos.  He talked about creating bibliographies. 

Something seemed to be missing.  

Say I'm working on a project, a dissertation, for example.  I'm working on this thing for months.  I need a way to tag the resources that I want to use in my paper.  So when I go to docs, new, bibliography, I need an option where I can say dissertation and, say, choose an icon out of, say, 3 options.  I may have other projects in the same time.  When i use a resource I like, I can click on that particular icon, so Logos saves that for that particular project.  When I'm ready, I go to docs, bibliography, select, choose dissertation, and Logos pulls the information from all those resources that I had tagged.

Posts 282
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2020 10:06 AM

Something like the Microsoft OneNote web clipper extension that can grab articles or parts of articles in one place for reference on a project would be great. It would be an easy way to gather sections in one place for later study and reference.

Page 23 of 38 (741 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last » | RSS