Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 35 of 38 (741 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last »
This post has 740 Replies | 44 Followers

Posts 68
Tom Vidal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 2:00 PM

Yes, with note-anchors, you have to add all the verses you wanted to reference in the note. So, are you seeking a feature that would enable users to create a rule within a note that would then automatically tag other verses that meet the rule criteria? If so, how would that work (not from a technical standpoint, but what would the feature look like and how would one use/benefit from it)?

Posts 895
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 2:08 PM

One example.

I have an enormous physical library that I am working to index, so when I study something I know what books have that information.  

This one book has a study on John's use of ginosko and oida.  So I'm thinking how can I link the uses of these words to that resource.  I created a visual filter for these words, so I know there is something significant here, but I won't remember in the future what it was.

I suppose I can do a Bible word study, write down the references, and then enter them to a note on one of the words in John.  Will that put a note on all the other verses?

Posts 895
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 2:22 PM

OK.  This is working but very time consuming.

Thank you.  I wish Logos would do the work just like the visual filter is.

Posts 895
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 2:55 PM

I'm adding anchors here, but the anchor is added to the verse.  Ideally I would like them to be added to the corresponding words.

thank you again for your help

I learned something today

Posts 1
Edward Hatch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 7:06 PM

I would like the favorites panel to be able to hold the resources I use the most with the ability to link favorite Bibles, commentaries, and books to the passage panel.  In that way the major screen could be bigger, but someone could click on a commentary, copy Bible verses, or an alternate translation and have them open in a panel linked to the passage one is working on.

Posts 29582
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 7:58 PM

Edward, have you tried to use Layouts for this? It's not precisely what you want but it is Logos' solution for the general issue. And welcome to the forums - stick around and ask questions, give answers, make suggestions ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1
Wade Brand | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2020 9:03 AM

Higher potential screen resolution for desktop.  

Posts 12
James Matthew Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2020 2:54 PM

Make a one click all linkset for all resource panels open.  

The same way you can collapse all please make it so I can linkset everything open into a linkset. 

Posts 2283
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2020 2:58 PM

James Matthew Johnson:

Make a one click all linkset for all resource panels open.  

The same way you can collapse all please make it so I can linkset everything open into a linkset. 

Yes

Posts 397
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2020 3:11 PM

I would love to have a document/ ebook reader / viewer in Logos. Let me view pdfs, word docs, and other ebooks from within the program.  Maybe have the ability to have them show up in libray and searched with a note or icon that shows they are not logos resources and are not likable. 

Posts 42
Linval London | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2020 6:14 AM

I would love a dark mode added to the desktop version of logos.  

Posts 72
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2020 6:39 AM

Linval London:

Agree totally.

Posts 18597
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2020 10:23 AM

scooter:

Linval London:

Agree totally.

Dark Mode # 1 voting continues to increase in the Top 3 Logos 8 UserVoice suggestions:

2,499 Votes (+31) => Night Mode for PC/Mac (+1,457 since 3 Dec 2019)

1,204 Votes (+3) => Import/Export notes to/from Evernote. (+48 since 3 Dec 2019)

1,030 Votes (+3) => Focus on tablet and touchscreen features (+167 since 3 Dec 2019)

Note: 2,499 votes represents a minimum of 833 users voting for Dark Mode (since every Logos & Verbum can freely place up to 3 of their 10 votes on one UserVoice suggestion). From watching incremental voting increases, humanly guessing over 909 users are voting for Dark Mode. Considering Logos & Verbum user community size, number of votes could be substantially increased.

Periodically update Suggestions thread => Dark Mode with Top 3 voting progress.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10
Peter Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 15 2020 1:34 AM

Apologies if this has already been posted, but it would be great to be able to set the default number of columns for a new pane (especially to 'auto') - this would greatly help those using ultrawide or larger monitors.

Posts 35
Tim Nargi | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 12:14 PM

I'd want the full feature set on the iPad with Pencil support. 

The ability to handwrite notes on top of the Logos books. Handwritten notes could be a "visual filter" that could turn on and off.

Some sort of fast scrubbing/book overview feature. When I grab a physical book, I flip through all the pages back and forth quickly to get a grasp of the entire book. This is different than clicking through the table of contents, I basically want to know how long and where certain topics are located in a book in relation to its total page length.

Ability to remap keyboard shortcuts.

Posts 3075
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:56 PM

We can only  dream.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1
Cathy Tunnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 7:38 AM

Now that Wordsearch has been purchased by Logos, that makes me want to answer this question.  I used both platforms.  I would like to see Logos have a setting where you could pick a layout that functions just like Wordsearch.  I really enjoyed the simplicity of Wordsearch and that Bible and resource automatically coordinated without having to mess with anything.  I also like the way the Complete Biblical Library coordinates and operates in Wordsearch.  I also strongly prefer the way the Preacher's outline and sermon Bible functions in Wordsearch. In Logos it looks like the original book which is great, but I think that Wordsearch has made it more useful by having the outline, notes and deeper study separate so that you can click on the outline and see the notes side by side.  I am sure that Wordsearch has many other such coordination tools of which I am unaware.  I think that Logos in acquiring Wordsearch should seek to maintain all of the things that Wordsearch did better.

Honestly, I would be really happy if Logos upgraded and maintained the Wordsearch platform and make it a choice in their options and tools. They could keep the original simple Wordsearch design and get the bugs out of it.  That would make me super happy.

Posts 2001
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 7:50 AM

Tim Nargi:
iPad with Pencil support. 

Tim,

Have you upgraded to Ios 14 yet?  Part of ios14 for Ipad is the ability to write in any field that allows text to be inserted.  I have been using the Logos mobile app the last few days since upgrading to ios 14 to write handwritten notes in the notes feature as well as in mobile ed courses where text can be added.

Its a little clunky at the moment but it works.

Hopefully with time it will get better.

Posts 3075
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 8:26 AM

Cathy Tunnell:

Now that Wordsearch has been purchased by Logos, that makes me want to answer this question.  I used both platforms.  I would like to see Logos have a setting where you could pick a layout that functions just like Wordsearch.  I really enjoyed the simplicity of Wordsearch and that Bible and resource automatically coordinated without having to mess with anything.  I also like the way the Complete Biblical Library coordinates and operates in Wordsearch.  I also strongly prefer the way the Preacher's outline and sermon Bible functions in Wordsearch. In Logos it looks like the original book which is great, but I think that Wordsearch has made it more useful by having the outline, notes and deeper study separate so that you can click on the outline and see the notes side by side.  I am sure that Wordsearch has many other such coordination tools of which I am unaware.  I think that Logos in acquiring Wordsearch should seek to maintain all of the things that Wordsearch did better.

Honestly, I would be really happy if Logos upgraded and maintained the Word search platform and make it a choice in their options and tools. They could keep the original simple Word search design and get the bugs out of it.  That would make me super happy.

You can suggest your wish on Logos wish  list  and I have no doubt that Faithlife can do it more than you imagine. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3
Nathan Tyler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 6:34 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
What are the most important things we should solve for Logos 9?

Startup performance. I am on Windows and I often need to get into a Bible app quickly to look for something. Logos takes about 3 times longer to start up than Wordsearch (and Wordsearch is already about as slow as I can stand).

For this reason I only use Logos when I have to. I actually use a third app which starts up in half the time that Wordsearch does and gets me right into the Bible.

So I would appreciate it if Logos were a lot snappier.

Page 35 of 38 (741 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS